blinker bugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clark76

Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Replaced all headlights sidemarkers blinkers with all lmc goodies and I'm using there heavy duty wire harness, all worked good except blinkers didn't work, some one one this great forum told me to replace blinker fuse, that did the trick.now the real problem, when I turn on the head lights the blinkers behind the grill stay lit up they don't blink until u turn the blinker on, I'm not sure why they lit up when the lights are on, they didn't do that when I installed them,any help or anything is grateful thank u

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Do the back lights do the same? Check all you bulbs for a filiment that broke and is crossing over to the running light side. Check your grounds.

clark76

Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
The back lights work perfect, I will check all that, thank u for the help and info

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
.now the real problem, when I turn on the head lights the blinkers behind the grill stay lit up they don't blink until u turn the blinker on, I'm not sure why they lit up when the lights are on, they didn't do that when I installed them,any help or anything is grateful thank u

You don't have a problem. What you describe above is proper operation. The lighting assemblies behind the grill are combination parking/directional lamps and have a dual filament bulb.

The parking light filaments are connected to the brown wires and only come on when the main headlight switch is pulled out (either halfway or all the way).

The directional filaments are connected to the light blue (LH side) and dark blue (RH side) leads. These leads are powered through the flasher and the directional switch in the steering column. They are independent of the headlight/parking light circuits.

See if this makes sense:

In the daytime (headlight switch pushed all the way in) the parking light filament is dead. The directional filament is also dead - except when the directional switch is moved up or down. Then, when the switch is moved, the filament on whichever side selected receives a pulsed signal from the flasher.

In the night time, when the headlight switch is pulled out (to either the parking or headlight position) the parking light filament is energized. It lights up and stays that way - until you push the headlight switch all the way back in. The directional filament operates just as it did in the daytime - only lighting up when the directional switch is moved to the up or down position. The headlight switch has no effect on the directional filament.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers