Bad Bad Bad...Bad Vibrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fallguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
At 65mph a vibration starts from underneath.

At 70mph is quite loud (loud enough to hear) and the rear view mirror is shuddering.

It is constant and increases in volume gradually and then decreases gradually and then increases gradually and then...you get the idea.

This started after I put the new axles under it. I have had the tires balanced and rechecked by a different garage to be sure. It holds a line perfectly going down the road when I let got of the wheel.

I thought U joint, so I had a shop verify that it's the right size and it fits perfectly snug in the pinion. I thought U Joint strap but they are new too.

The driveshaft is the same from when I had the 1/2 ton axles in it.

The rear pinion angle is less than 30 degrees so that should be ok.

I'm out of ideas here fellas....help?

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
My truck did that also a few years back. It turned out 2 of my tires were out of balance.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Were the axles new, or from a Junk Yard? could be ring and pinon not shimmed right, could be a pinion bearing, could be wheel bearings, a slip yoke on the drive shaft, and like Val said it could be a bad tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazdar