Back again fellas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Well I'm back again and sorry I haven't been on in a long while I had some stuff come up. I was planning on a 4x4 cummins swap for the square but I knew I wasn't gonna have time and had to have something to drive. so I had to sell the ram and bought a new one.

But now something else has come to mind my mom bought a 06 trailblazer with a 5.3 and totaled it the next day. Now I'm planing on swapping the lh6 (I believe that's what it is not and lstech) into the square. I have the whole car and plan on making the harness myself.

We have one problem tho. She was driving down the road the other day and it just died pulled the code crank sensor and no spark. Replaced it but when I was checking for spark I messed up #3 spark plug wire and figured the car would start on 7 if it was the sensor. As I tried to start it up it back fired once, white smoke came from under the hood. Second time it kinda started running then just locked up. So what do you think? Rebuild in my future? It was running just fine before it died so idk.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to know what yall think. Probably be faster to go to and ls forum but I'm sure there's a tech or two on this site so why not. Plus I like you guys. Glad to be back!

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Bad new started to take the spark plugs out of the lh6 to see if she would turn over and found a melted spark plug and the motor still wouldn't turn over! What should I do?
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412897744073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412897744073.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 88

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah there are several actually. My favorite is flamingc10 but there are several more that are nice as well :) I was hoping to tag a bunch of people and get some folks to help ya out :)

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Yeah there are several actually. My favorite is flamingc10 but there are several more that are nice as well :) I was hoping to tag a bunch of people and get some folks to help ya out :)

I appreciate it bud! Miss being on here! Miss driving my truck even worse

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That is going to require a teardown unfortunately. A melted plug could mean internal damage to pistons or possible detonation problems.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
That is going to require a teardown unfortunately. A melted plug could mean internal damage to pistons or possible detonation problems.
I figured that. Well the thing is it back fired like a mother before it finally lock! I thinking it might have head gasket problems to because there little bit of water and the oil and I know it's got hot a time or two. Do these heads warp easy?

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
From what you are saying, what makes you think you did easy?
Not really anything I did just compared to let's say a cast head? But this car got hot once or twice 260+ I wasn't driving mom was

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not really anything I did just compared to let's say a cast head? But this car got hot once or twice 260+ I wasn't driving mom was

Aluminum plus high temperatures is never a good combination.

You will need to straight edge the block and such to check for any warpage.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Damn, I have only seen that one other time in my life. It very well could have just been a bad plug. How old were they? Doesn't really matter, your going to have to pull the motor apart, and find the missing pieces of the plug.

The one other time I have seen something like that, my buddy was racing and way over revved the motor, to almost 10 grand, the only thing we could come up with, it the piston hit the plug, and shattered the electrode, we tore it apart and found a bunch of spark plug in the cylinders.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Damn, I have only seen that one other time in my life. It very well could have just been a bad plug. How old were they? Doesn't really matter, your going to have to pull the motor apart, and find the missing pieces of the plug.

The one other time I have seen something like that, my buddy was racing and way over revved the motor, to almost 10 grand, the only thing we could come up with, it the piston hit the plug, and shattered the electrode, we tore it apart and found a bunch of spark plug in the cylinders.
This one is like melted tho looks like the end of tungsten rod

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
One of 2 things, either a defective plug, or extremely hot combustion chamber temperature. How do the other plugs look?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowdy_80