Awe man, Dad found me a really nice Crew Cab!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Some people won't get in and out of their ride at a gas pump due to the static electricity thing. My thing is if I die due to static electricity then it must be my time to go :lol:

You're exactly right. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightening. At least in OK. Actually in OK, a couple to few people die every year due to lighting. Don't wanna trash this thread with the off-topic, but it is worth mentioning for safety sake, All anyone has to do to avoid the static electricity is touch the metal portion of the vehicle after they get out, with their hands to discharge the electricity. Some cars, like Saturns or Vettes, you probably need to touch something like say a metal crash post that's usually on each of the pump island to discharge and all is well.
I've got one pair of boots, when I wear those those things, I get out of the truck, and I reach for door to close it after I get out, I swear, I feel that shock thru one of my fingernails into my teeth. Its a pretty damn good little jolt too.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wasn't so sure that was the cause but yes they are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486