Attention 4 speed owners!!! What part is this???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Um, if your cab is moving when the clutch pedal is pressed, you have bigger isues than a linkage. That piece is not what should be holding your cab to the frame.

If your cab is moving that much and that easily, you have some serious structural issues with your mounts. Until the cab is securely fastend to the frame again, the entire geometry of your clutch linkages will be constantly variable, and impossible to troubleshoot.

I have no idea what this means -- "I'm just trying to get Otto depress the pressure plate"???

Ordinarily, bad cab mounts don't present much of a problem.. But when they're so rusty and deteriorated so badly that the cab moves around.. If the cab moves with clutch pedal depression, it "kills" some of the linkage's ability to release the clutch.. Fix the cab mounts and I'll bet your clutch issue disappears...

If you'll permit me to use an analogy.. Suppose a truck has a broken motor mount.. Every time the truck accelerates, the engine "rears up" and the fan tears up the shroud.. A smaller diameter fan is not the solution.. Replace the motor mount and the fan no longer tears up the shroud...

I tried pointing that out earlier in the thread, I don't think it made a difference.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
I tried pointing that out earlier in the thread, I don't think it made a difference.

Yeah, I saw that.. Apparently we're not giving the answers he wants to hear.. I just hope he doesn't get hurt driving that thing..

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah, I saw that.. Apparently we're not giving the answers he wants to hear.. I just hope he doesn't get hurt driving that thing..

Yep.

77scottsdale1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I have no idea what this means -- "I'm just trying to get Otto depress the pressure plate"???

Ordinarily, bad cab mounts don't present much of a problem.. But when they're so rusty and deteriorated so badly that the cab moves around.. If the cab moves with clutch pedal depression, it "kills" some of the linkage's ability to release the clutch.. Fix the cab mounts and I'll bet your clutch issue disappears...

If you'll permit me to use an analogy.. Suppose a truck has a broken motor mount.. Every time the truck accelerates, the engine "rears up" and the fan tears up the shroud.. A smaller diameter fan is not the solution.. Replace the motor mount and the fan no longer tears up the shroud...

Alright alright. I have the new floor pans and everything. If that seems to be the majority opinion, I'll weld them in along with a new bushing set. And I also meant to put I want it to depress the pressure plate. It auto corrected me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1