Anyone ever used Monstaliner on dash pad or door panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warkmeister

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Title says it all. After seeing lots of great dash restorations here, I’m curious how well spray paint is holding up in the sun over the years? I Monstaliner’d my cj5 interior years ago and was very pleased with its look, feel, and how it was kinda smooth textured vs gritty. Made me wonder if it would work as a nice finish on the interior plastics. I remember it being pretty flexible once cured from fiddling with the excess from my last project. Thoughts or
You must be registered for see images attach

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't do it on plastic. There is dye out there if you won't to change the color of plastic. If you are thinking of using it to reinforce the strength of broken plastic, I don't think it's the best way to go. But to cover metal, as I assume you did in your CJ5, I can get behind it. It would depend on the finish, which sounds like you liked. Do you have pics of your CJ5 that shows it? It feels like a case by case thing for me.

Warkmeister

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I don’t have any close ups of the finish on my jeep but I did find the same Monstaliner finish I did with the leftovers on our tundras fender flares. It kinda shows the smooth roughness I’m talking about. It held up very well, no fading, and flexed on the plastic fenders for the 4 years while we had it till we sold it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man