Anyone else have a lot of pedal in their brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
I can put the truck on its nose, but I sure have a lot of pedal to move before that happens. Not like driving a newer car, or my 64 Cadillac for that matter.

System has been bled several times, new rotors and pads up front. Does the pedal itself need to be adjusted?

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks.

Brandon

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
If you have rear drums yo will want to adjust them up and make sure the adjusters work properly.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
If you have rear drums yo will want to adjust them up and make sure the adjusters work properly.

Yup I have rear drums. I'll adjust them. By the way, drums suck.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
drums are actually great, not hard to install or adjust once you get the idea, and they rarely go bad, the only time they suck is when you get warped brake drums that want to rub all over the backing plates f*** the problems I'm having right now.

are you certain that you have bled all 4 corners adequately? And you know to start with the wheel that's furthest from the master cylinder and work towards it? And you should have a strong stream out of each bleeder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising