Antenna Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Have a '86 fender with the radio antenna hole punched out at the factory. Will be using fender on an '83 with windshield antenna.
Need to do something with the antenna hole, either find an antenna or bondo it over.
Any good suggestions for an antenna?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
either get one form a junkyard or fill in the hole with some metal/welding. Cheap ebay antennas do not fit well

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Have a '86 fender with the radio antenna hole punched out at the factory. Will be using fender on an '83 with windshield antenna.
Need to do something with the antenna hole, either find an antenna or bondo it over.
Any good suggestions for an antenna?

I don't think they came with an antenna hole from the factory until '88, and the standard cab trucks were gone by then. I wouldn't bother your setup since your antenna is already matched to the integrated one. I would just plug it up.

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
either get one form a junkyard or fill in the hole with some metal/welding. Cheap ebay antennas do not fit well

I was afraid of that. The antennas I have seen have all been dorky, poorly fitting affairs. There was a universal fit "spring loaded" antenna in the fender when I removed it from the donor trk but that antenna was dispatched due to dorkiness.

Wish I could find a sleek stainless steel whip which fit properly.
Else, Bondo City here we come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub