All glass, C30 (single) drums, rear leaf packs in Twin Cities MN area.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpripps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I'm working on getting my square body back on the road after sitting for nearly 30 years. I'm looking to get it drivable for as cheap as possible, then I can figure out what it REALLY needs and focus on fixing that. I don't want to buy thousands of dollars of new parts only to find out that something is critically wrong with it. Fail fast, fail cheap!

I need all glass except the drivers door and passenger's vent. I need both rear drums (probably) but I could probably get by with just one for a little bit. Lastly, I need rear spring packs. I think they're considered 8-1 packs. They're not terribly expensive to buy new, but they are expensive to ship. Let me know what you've got.

Thanks!

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
@tpripps I might be able to help you out...

Are you looking for a slider, or a solid rear window?

I might have passenger door glass and/or some vent windows too. I'd have to check the attic. Do you just need the driver's vent window, or do you need the handle/lock mechanism too? I think I recall having some windows without handles/locks, but I haven't seen them lately.

I also know a guy across town who just pulled a good windshield from a square plow truck he scrapped last weekend (badly rotten frame). I'm sure he would be willing to sell it. What's your budget? I get the "cheap!", but there needs to be a little motivation. I'm sure he'll sell it "cheap", but I don't want to make the call without a number in mind.

Unfortunately, I do not have any spare 1 ton parts (drums/springs). I'm in Bloomington.

tpripps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
@tpripps I might be able to help you out...

Are you looking for a slider, or a solid rear window?

I might have passenger door glass and/or some vent windows too. I'd have to check the attic. Do you just need the driver's vent window, or do you need the handle/lock mechanism too? I think I recall having some windows without handles/locks, but I haven't seen them lately.

I also know a guy across town who just pulled a good windshield from a square plow truck he scrapped last weekend (badly rotten frame). I'm sure he would be willing to sell it. What's your budget? I get the "cheap!", but there needs to be a little motivation. I'm sure he'll sell it "cheap", but I don't want to make the call without a number in mind.

Unfortunately, I do not have any spare 1 ton parts (drums/springs). I'm in Bloomington.
Sorry, I didn't see that I had gotten a reply.

I'm ideally looking for a slider rear window, that's what it had before. I just need the drivers vent glass, the frame is still there and the handles are easy to come by. I have the Driver's door glass but I need the passenger side still. The windshield needs to be the kind with the antenna built in. I see they're available on Car-part.com for $50 - $100 ($100 listed as new) locally. I'd pay $100 if I didn't have to remove it myself and didn't have to drive too far. I'm up in the far northeast metro.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I have solid rear glass I'd give you for free, but I think I might have a spare slider I'd sell. I'll check my attic when I squirrel away some parts later this week or over the weekend. I just want to wait until my wife's not watching. It's easier to avoid the part related questions than answer them.

I believe my friend's windshield has the antenna. I will ask him to be sure. I know it was in good shape and I don't think there were any rock chips either.

I'll check for passenger door glass and driver's vent glass when I make it up in the attic. It's HOT right now. Not sure I want to get in that sauna just yet.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I got a ton of vent windows, I got a drivers vent glass.
I might be able to get a passenger side, door glass from the junkyard, but I have no idea how to ship it safely.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I probably have the door glass and vent window, will try to check tomorrow. I fly in to MSP quite often if we could meet at the airport. (Actually going through there Saturday, but don't have much of a layover)

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
I'm ideally looking for a slider rear window, that's what it had before. I just need the drivers vent glass, the frame is still there and the handles are easy to come by. I have the Driver's door glass but I need the passenger side still. The windshield needs to be the kind with the antenna built in.
I got a spare slider rear window for you. It's an aftermarket unit. The frame sits out behind the cab a bit, which is a little different than factory. I tried to show this in the second picture. It's complete with a latch inside.

I now remember pulling this one from a blue square at the junk yard. The tint and stickers aren't mine, I swear, although I do kind of like the "Life is too short to drive anything else" sticker.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
@tpripps I also have the driver side vent glass (in an old frame), and the passenger side door glass that your looking for. I have not talked to my buddy yet about his windshield, but I plan to this weekend.

I'm thinking $120 for all four pieces that you need. Let me know if you want to see pictures of the vent window or the door glass.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
@tpripps these are the chips (three total) in the windshield that I have... Just trying to be transparent ;)

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
I have a set new in the box, AC Delco rear drums, shoes and wheel cylinders. Other new and used parts. Send me a message if interested.
Scott In Goodyear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84