Advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
Omg why would you suggest dude destroys that awesome paint job with primer? He couldn't duplicate what he has if he wanted to...you're crazy.

I agree with Rusty Nail. IMHO a good cleaning inside outside maybe a buffing and she will look awesome with that patina.
I like the trailering mirrors to it too.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
K5s are hot right now and usually bring more money that a run of the mill 2wd C10. If 4wd/K5s aren't your thing, at the very least it'd be worth putting some time and a little money into. I'd go through it front to back mechanically, get the windows working (PW in a round eye is rare and desirable), clean the inside up, maybe throw some fresh carpet in it and a few other odds and ends, find a factory console for it, find some stock wheels or wagon wheels with good tires, polish it up and put some Patina Sauce on it (DO NOT CLEAR COAT IT OR PRIMER IT WHATEVER YOU DO) and throw it up for sale.

But I'm honestly with the other guys, if there's even a hint that you might like to have it, I'd stick it in a corner until I had the funds for it. I want another K5 so bad

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
First go punch whoever shiiit all over the inside of it….kidding, not kidding.
What’s it need to get running? Drivetrain parts, engines etc are comparatively cheap and dime a dozen as you already know with your current truck.
Like others I’d take a K5 over a C10 apples to apples 8 days out of the week.
Guess it depends on how much time and how resourceful you are. Looks like it’s all there, not banged up and rust free.
Simply gutting the interior, toss the carpet, wash the seats, buff all the crud off of what’s left of the original paint and a set of wheels that don’t look like they came out of the same corner the truck sat in, or the donut spare from a Toyyoda would go a long ways.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I’m PMing you the name and number of a Broker out of FL that I’ve used in the past. You can skip the Uship bullchit and this guy has done good by me 3x now shipping vehicles. And will get you the best legit rate.

Johnnyuma86

Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks to every one That responded but totalyhucked said it best and im going to ship it to Roy UT and Clean it up and go from there hoping a serous buyer come's forward and make's a serous offer because i would rather have solor in my home then the K5 ,you feel me . thanks to every one it's so cool having this hangout

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Resurrecting an old thread, so how about an update? Did you ever get the K5 home?

As for which one to keep, do you need something with a bed? To me, that's the first question to ask.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1