Adding AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84k20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Probably a stupid question but how hard and expensive would it be to add A/C to an older square body pickup (84 k20)? Thinkin with the truck being black and it starting to get warmer it's gonna be really warm in the cab in the summer and A/C would be nice to have. My truck didnt come with any A/C I guess the PO didn't want that option :/

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
vintage air and i think classic air have kits last i remember they are about twelve hundred dollars, have a vintage in mine and it does a good job and come with a sanden compressor

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
He must not have a rust bucket. Get enough holes in the floor pan and doors along with rolling down the windows, you don't need AC. And you catch a pretty good buzz too. Especially if you have an exhaust leak. The fumes are great. Add a little sugar and you'd think were at an NHRA or NASCAR event.

84k20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
vintage air and i think classic air have kits last i remember they are about twelve hundred dollars, have a vintage in mine and it does a good job and come with a sanden compressor

Awesome thanks ill look into it!

And hotrod, no thank god I have very little rust on my rig guess I got lucky since its been in Rhode Island winters since the late 80's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast