'99 Chevy Silverado 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have a '99 Silverado Z71 for sale. Extended cab with the third door and a shortbed. LS trim level with cloth interior, split front bench (seats 6), PW, PL, cruise, CD player, stuff like that. The body has 183K on it. The engine has been replaced at some point, but it has a bad cam (pitted lobe and very noisy lifter) and low oil pressure. The low oil pressure is because the PO never changed the oil and it had grit in it from the pitted cam/lifter. The engine runs very well still, I have put about 1K on it in the last couple weeks. The transmission was rebuilt (with upgraded parts) by a reputable trans shop less than 3K ago, still under warranty. The truck drives and stops well. Tires are a little less than 50%, but they are all worn evenly. Four wheel drive works, I just used it last week when it snowed. Windsheild is cracked on the passenger side. Interior is pretty good, it's that kinda gray, kinda tan color. Minor stains in the carpet, no torn upholstery. Like all of these trucks around here, the rockers are rusty and there are rust bubbles above the rear wheels.

I also have a 5.3 long block that goes with the truck. It has 90K on it, with a brand new GM camshaft and timing set, all new gaskets, new head bolts, and a new set of lifters. The heads are still off, for buyer's inspection (the piston's face tells if it's a 4.8 or 5.3 motor). The shortblock is assembled.

The price, including the 5.3 motor is $3800. KBB shows the truck's value as well over 5K, and that's not taking into consideration the rebuilt/upgraded trans and lower mile engine. Buy this truck, spend a Saturday installing the replacement engine, then end up with a good truck for far less than book value. Or just drive it as-is and keep the oil changed regularly.

The truck is located in central Ohio.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
New (clean) pictures...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
My brother has the same truck. :popcorn:

Posted on my iPod 4th Gen using PUNCTUATION.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thats a nice looking truck,You suppose it`d make a trip to Montana,as is ????
I`ve been wanting to upgrade My 93 with something a bit newer and this just might be the thing,I`m not wanting to get rid of My 93 though,My eight year old Grandaughter wants Me to save that for Her,
she told Me so,one day when I was talking about trrading it in,She EXCLAIMED,quit concernedly "But Grampaw,I thought Yopu would save this pickup for Me !!!!! " and so be it,She will get that pickumup.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thats a nice looking truck,You suppose it`d make a trip to Montana,as is ????
I`ve been wanting to upgrade My 93 with something a bit newer and this just might be the thing,I`m not wanting to get rid of My 93 though,My eight year old Grandaughter wants Me to save that for Her,
she told Me so,one day when I was talking about trrading it in,She EXCLAIMED,quit concernedly "But Grampaw,I thought Yopu would save this pickup for Me !!!!! " and so be it,She will get that pickumup.

Well, I think it would. Never can be too certain with an older vehicle, but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. I drove it down to Curt's place in WV and that trip was trouble-free.

I forgot too, the fuel pump assembly was replaced about a year ago.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well, I think it would. Never can be too certain with an older vehicle, but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that. I drove it down to Curt's place in WV and that trip was trouble-free.

I forgot too, the fuel pump assembly was replaced about a year ago.

I got no money,I`ll call the banker,figure out what loan value is,take it from there,uness,someone comes along wit the money in the hand,do not pass it up.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I got no money,I`ll call the banker,figure out what loan value is,take it from there,uness,someone comes along wit the money in the hand,do not pass it up.

Not much interest in it yet. Just a tire kicker and a guy that wanted to do monthly payments, lol. We'll see what happens I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoss1