89 3/4-ton burb parts interchangeability with 95 1/2-ton burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
sup everyone

i still have not decided what i'm going to do about my vehicle situation.

what i'd like to do (as of this moment) is sell the colorado, pay off the loan, and daily the big blue turd (95 suburban) while having a square as a back up vehicle. that way if the 95 poops out the 4l60e (definitely a possibility at 175k miles) i have a vehicle until i can fix it/take it to the shop/whatever. it would be awful convenient to have interchangeable parts between both vehicles. i do realize they are different body styles, but i'm under the impression the tbi squares and the tbi gmt400 trucks are mechanically identical in terms of engines

for example, i bought a complete tune up kit (plugs, wires, cap+rotor, fuel filter, etc) as wel as a throttle body spacer for the 95 but since it runs ok right now i don't know if i wanna mess with it, so would the parts from 1995 tbi 350 suburban fit on 1989 tbi 350 suburban?

thanks....

ps, this is what i am most looking for in terms of squares:
-c10 rcsb (in which case i'd lower it for improved handling)
-k10 rcsb (in which case i'd lift it because i never go offroad but why the f*** does that matter it looks cool)
-crew cab/suburban (would be stock height if 2wd and maybe maybe not slightly lifted if 4x4)

not disqualifying k5 or regular cab c20/c30/k20/k30 just do like having the interior space of the crew cab or suburban

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Some parts are the same.
Some parts are the same but different (can still be made to work).
A lot of parts are just plain different.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad