86 R30 Front Coil Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDBobbers

Reaction score
First Name
EZ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I have an 87 R30 (1 ton, 2wd, dually). I'm in the market to swap the front coil springs out with something taller. The rear has undergone a shackle flip (previous owner), so the front is riding a tad low. This works fine for the hauling around of **** that do, but i'd like to match out the front.

I'm having issues finding anyone that carries a taller spring specifically for an R30. Assumption is that i can search for K30/C30, but honestly, i'm still learning about this truck (yeah... long time Ford guy). If anyone can point me in the right direction so that i can get off and rolling, i'd appreciate it.

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
possibly checking the dimensions of the spring in there right now and the size of the perches. then check to see if ford/dodge 3/4 or 1 ton springs would work possibly. i know older (2000ish) chevy 2wd had coils up front too maybe checking those out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
You may find that a set of stock replacement 1 ton springs will achieve your goal. 30 years of abuse has likely squashed your OEM springs down a bit, so original replacments may do the trick. You could also switch to the F41 firm ride or F42 Heavy Duty springs, which may help a bit.

Hell, if you look on RockAuto there is a set of super duty coils by Dayton that are 1000 lbs over the HD F42 springs. They come in at 7578lbs. Honestly I have no clue how you would install them, or how you would survive the first pot hole. But they do exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue