86 on 91 frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tetford79

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I had an 86 c10 for a while now with a decent body but the chassis is shot. I just recently came in to posession of a 91 k10 350 5 speed single cab long bed with a rusted out cab. I am thinking about putting the 86 cab on the 91 frame.. but I can't find much info anywhere on it. Does anyone know if any of the cab mounts will line up, if I'll need a body lift, steering column etc etc.. any input is appreciated.

I always was a member here but I haven't been on in so long I forgot my username so I just created a new account.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
The frames are different width. It could work, but nothing would line up

tetford79

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The frames are different width. It could work, but nothing would line up

Assuming the 88+ style are wider? That would be tricky. Moving the mounts either inside the frame out farther out on the cab. Possible still though.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
The T400 frame is setup for a fair sized fuel tank inside the frame rails. This makes the GMT400 frame rails wider apart and much closer to the inner cab rockers VS the squares that have enough room for a long narrow fuel tank between the frame and the inner rockers.

You might be able to do it with enough patience and skill. There's a gent that put a stretched 50's or 60's IH pickup cab and bed on a GMT400 Pickup Chassis.

Last edited:

tetford79

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ok, good to know. I'll give it a shot anyway and keep you all posted how it goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DucatiDave