85 chevy windsheild sprayer not working (electrical)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backyard

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Heres the deal. I am building my square trying to button things up for mechanical inspection.

my sprayer is not working. I got my wipers to park and high and low speed works. I tested the switch in the the in the column using a meter (continuity when pressed). I uses a test light to test the wiring at the pump. I have no ground nor do I have power at the pump when pressing the wiper switch.

I have gone over the wiring diagrams and I can't seem to get it to work. Any one have simular issues?

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Mine is exactly as you describe.
I was able to check the power at the sprayer and I have 12V+ there so this tells me that it has constant power and the sprayer button completes the circut as a ground. My onbly problem is, I haven't wanted to tear into the switch and follow wiring to find where the ground is broken.
Another thought is, maybe it isn't supposed to be constant 12V and something else is wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005