84 K10 w/ 305 and 700r4 transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bnabb0624

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
305 V8
Hey people,
I've been reading through these threads for a good minute but I haven't quite found the answer I am hunting. I have a 84 K10 scottsdale that I acquired. This thing has a 305 and the 700r4 transmission with about 115,000 miles on it. It actually sat up for about 9 yrs. So I have been doing some work to get it back on the road. Here is my issue, driving at highway speeds 65-70 mph, it will all of a sudden start to lose speed and then down shift due to me getting into the gas. I pulled over and noticed that my front seal was leaking. Now the front seal at the engine and rear seal off of the transfer case have been replaced. no leaking. I drove it for a week and had no issues. Everything was shifting and running fine without error. Today I was on my way to work, it did the same thing. I pulled over, all fluids checked out fine. Any ideas from the transmission pros on here?

Bnabb0624

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
305 V8
forgot to mention, this morning when the issue happened, i pulled over checked the fluids jumped back in it and drove and it drove fine again to work. I never shut it off until i got to work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad