79 k10 swb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The front springs on my new-to-me 79 K10 SWB are arched.. the wrong way :) and they only have one leaf which I am not sure is correct.

I have looked through the parts manual, checked rockauto.com and there are several springs listed for the 79. Can someone tell me what the correct stock spring is for my K10?

Thanks!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I would go with this one for stock application. Although there is a 4 spring HD one if you so desire.

DAYTON Part # 22402
Front; 3 Leaf, 1400Lb Rating, Full Taper, 2 3/4" Wide, 23 1/2" X 23 1/2", 1 7/16" Pack Thickness, 1 1/8" Free Arch, OE# 460354 (Only 2 Remaining

I seem to remember mine being 3 inches wide so maybe I would look around at other places for your springs.

Or its a good time to put on a 4 inch lift

It sounds like somebody monkeyed with the springs and removed the rest of the spring pack. There should be at least 2springs if not 3 in a stock front leaf pack.

Good way to end up in the hospital !

texnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I did get the Dayton 22402 3 leaf springs, installed them and all new bushings a few weeks ago. They look much better than the old springs, which actually did have 2 leafs, just didn't see the other one. The truck now sits a little high in the front, so looks like the rear will get a HD set of springs in a few weeks as time permits. I need them anyway as I occasionally tow a 16' enclosed trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly