2 questions:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffro

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
Question #1) Any one try a minispool on the rear axle on their 4wd truck? pros /cons of running one? I know it's harder to turn with one but I figure it can't be too bad on the trail & the price seems right for a cheap locked rear.

Question #2) the truck has a set of old warn locking hubs. They sling grease all over my rims. I've never taken apart any lockouts before. Do they make a gasket set for the warn hubs? Or is there a way to re seal?

thanks Jeff

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
Q 1 detriot locker

Q 2 yes there is an o-ring that seal the hub. however if your grease is liquid enough to come out of your hub, then the grease is shot. you better repack those wheel bearings, it is way past overdue. highdesertranger

Jeffro

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
Q 1 detriot locker

Q 2 yes there is an o-ring that seal the hub. however if your grease is liquid enough to come out of your hub, then the grease is shot. you better repack those wheel bearings, it is way past overdue. highdesertranger

Ok, thanks for the imput highdesertranger, I'll look into regreasing those front hubs. don't know if I want to spend the $$$ for a detriot locker for that 10 bolt. I just want a cheap make due till I can upgrade to a 3/4 ton 8 lug corporate. I think I'll just wait @ this time...

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
be sure you are using the correct grease in your bearings. If it is not rated for the heat build up of disk brake front wheel bearings it will turn to liquid, break down and sling out of the hubs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1