2 Inch Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spirit of 76

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hi everyone, I'm almost ready to swap my c10 body onto the k20 frame and drivetrain.

I've decided instead of chopping up the floor to fit the trans tunnel that I would opt for a 2" body lift and just drill a hole for the 4x4 shifter, but I'm not sure what route to go. Should I look for a proper kit? Should I buy separate lift blocks and hardware? Should I just use hockey pucks?

Searching around it's tough to find just a body lift and not a full suspension lift, and when I do find one it's usually 3 inch instead of 2.

What would you fellas recommend I get, and where? This is my first major project like this so I'm also open to new tips and tricks as well.

Thanks

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hi everyone, I'm almost ready to swap my c10 body onto the k20 frame and drivetrain.

What would you fellas recommend I get, and where? This is my first major project like this so I'm also open to new tips and tricks as well.

Thanks
Is this going to be a "nice" truck when you're done, or a beater? Personally I hate body lifts, as do most people with any automotive knowledge, or taste honestly.
I wouldn't use a body lift to get around using a proper trans tunnel. Doesn't your old K20 cab have a serviceable trans tunnel?

If you're just slapping junk together for a mud truck or beater, then do whatever. But if you do a body lift, not only will it look like....a body lift, but you'll have to cob up the rest of the mods or have a truck with goofy lookin bumpers and might have to modify other stuff like gas fillers, fuel/brake lines, trans/t case linkage, etc.
Besides high hump trans tunnels aren't rare and cheaper/easier than a body lift IMO.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Not a fan of body lifts. The frame level always looks funky in the fenderwells, the bumpers are always misaligned, and the body likes to sway and make you feel like you're gonna tumble off into a ditch.

If as I understand, the c10 hump is smaller than the k10 hump for a trans. Why not just cut the hump and swap it for a tall hump?

As he ^ was asking, around 82-84 the tunnel became serviceable/interchangeable on until later years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl