1986 GMC C2500 Choke Light/Factory Oil Pressure Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thethreewheelergu

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Howdy, I'm on the hunt for a part, or details on aftermarket solutions, to restore something in my truck that was farm bodged by a previous owner.

My 1986 GMC C2500 was equipped with the factory oil pressure gauge, and the choke/oil light. Now at some point, what ever fitting was used to allow both the 1 terminal oil pressure sender, and the 2 terminal oil pressure switch for the choke, to both exist, is missing.

I have the oil pressure sender on the back of the block near the rear of the intake, and the wiring harness/plug for where the two terminal switch SHOULD be, but no switch and nothing to even screw the switch in to if I had it.

I cant find a parts microfiche or a diagram or anything to give me a part number to what ever T fitting that GM used back in the day for these square bodies that were similarly equipped. If I could get a part number to try and find this fitting so that I can have the 1 terminal gauge sender, and the 2 terminal oil pressure choke light switch both working at the same time, I'd be grateful. Failing that, the threads I'd need or places I could source a brass fitting to use would also be nice.

EvilGenius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darien
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello. I ran into a similar issue a while ago. I went the route you did and put a T fitting in at the back of the intake and had the sender and the sensor. I was unable to find a factory equivalent and cobbled something together with fittings I found at menards. It took a couple attempts to find the right combo of fittings that would fit under the distributor, but I got it eventually and it works great.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you don't want to go that route and are ok with relocating the sensor, there is a spot you can tap into right above the oil filter. It is most likely plugged on your engine with a 1/4 in square drive plug. I tried to go this way, but couldn't get the leverage to remove my plug with the engine in the truck :rolleyes: so I did the assortment of fittings thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28