1983 C20 350 V8 TH400 Long Bed 2WD $2100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
That's a great deal in Cali with all the newly replaced tires, master cyl, battery and such, for someone needing a 3/4 ton. And it passes smog, another big plus in Cali.

Yep, it passed smog :)

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
$1999... Please take it. Apartment manager is not happy.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Market must not be good for Squares in Cali or what? Sadly, I'm a C20 guy, but it seems everyone wanting an older truck project are all into C10's, unless it's 4x4, then of course, K10, K20 and K30 all will fly in a matter of hours if priced right. Eventually you'll get that C20 guy to come along. Hopefully sooner than later.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I too am a c20 guy. Unfortunately I have 2 running, one not, and a frame to another already, and no money to buy another, or room to put it if I did. I really wish I could help you out. How much is a 10x20 storage unit up there? They run $100/month here last time I checked. Probably much higher up in the bay area though.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
I too am a c20 guy. Unfortunately I have 2 running, one not, and a frame to another already, and no money to buy another, or room to put it if I did. I really wish I could help you out. How much is a 10x20 storage unit up there? They run $100/month here last time I checked. Probably much higher up in the bay area though.

Much more than that I'm sure and I need the money to pay back my uncle for down payment on my 07 Colorado and the apt manager is not happy to have "that old thing" (she is clearly not a gmsquarebody member) sitting there.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Crap!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The apartment manager can suck all of our peckers. If the vehicle is safe, sound and sanitary, not all torn apart, does run and can be started and driven away, then there should be no issue of it being there. I've seem 10x worse being driven in and out of apartment complexes. Nice apartment complexes too. Anyway, my comment got it another bump and back on top. I wish I knew someone in the Cali area needing a 3/4 ton. I suppose school is out, but if it's in a good or fair part of town, I'd park it near a high school where the high school kids would be seeing it up for sale. $2000 is usually about their price range and those kids really like older trucks. They'll get alot more puzzy in that truck than they will in a Honda with a fart can muffler.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Hahaha... you're funny :) It's whole, I move it to different parking spots every week, and the problem is not the truck itself but I have too many. We are supposed to have one assinged parking, but I live with my mom so I have my Colorado and the C20, and on top of that the C20 is very old so she is not pleased.

Your high school idea is very good but school is out for the time being. A 1983 C20 is way better than a ricer pos any day!

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Sold locally for $1800. When my life situation changes and I've got time for a square I'll be back - hopefully y'all will still be around then. If I get another square I want to either get a diesel or a fuel injected one - no more of this carburetor BS!

Last edited:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Sold locally for $1800. When my life situation changes and I've got time for a square I'll be back - hopefully y'all will still be around then. If I get another square I want to either get a diesel or a fuel injected one - no more of this carburetor BS!

The early fuel injection systems that appeared in '87 and later are far from perfect. While there are advantages, I would much rather deal with a carb than troubleshoot another one of these. In fact, as much as I liked the idea of keeping the f.i. on my '87, it will probably end up with a Quadrajet when I get done with it. After chasing the demons from the sensors on my '88, I think I'll stick with the simple mechanical fuel delivery.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Not saying they are perfect. In fact from what I've read here and heard elsewhere they are actually pretty bad. But I'd still prefer it over a carburetor. I'm a computer tech, not a mechanic :D

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Lol. Wait till you need to replace an in tank fuel pump. You'll think fondly of the days when it was bolted to the side of the engine block.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Lol. Wait till you need to replace an in tank fuel pump. You'll think fondly of the days when it was bolted to the side of the engine block.

Well, soon after selling the C20 I ended up with a 95 Suburban with 5.7L TBI. I can tell it doesn't quite have as much power as my 96 Yukon did with "real" fuel injection, but for having 175K miles on everything original and less than stellar maintenance from the previous owners, it runs OK, and it's not like it's a slow turd, though.

Fuel economy is acceptable. I get about 13MPG. That's what my Yukon got, and Suburban is heavier and has a much dumber EFI system than the 96 did, so I'm not disappointed.

I'm sure TBI isn't perfect but so far no problems. It does seem to crank for a while on a cold start in the morning then again it's usually been sitting for a few days at that point since I don't drive it much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmY5hyNJKzU

My search for a TBI square body has been renewed. I'll get more serious in a few months when I have more income, but I've decided I want to trade my 98 K1500 Silverado Z71 for a square.

I really don't need the Silverado because I already have a pickup truck (07 Colorado) and I like the interior space of the Suburban. I don't need the towing capacity besides if I need to tow I've got the 95 Suburban.

So far every vehicle I've had besides my "fuel saving" (California speak for underpowered turd) has been a small block 350. I have nothing against them but maybe it's time for something different. Well, I had an 89 Ford E150 straight-6 for a few months, but let's forget that. I wouldn't pass up another 350 but I'd prefer to end up with a 4.3 V6, big block, diesel, who knows what... just something different. But knowing me I'll find a good deal on something with a 350 and end up with it... LOL.

I'm going to be looking for an inexpensive K5 blazer, C10, or K10 for whatever I can get for my 98 K1500 Silverado or trade for it.

I'd like to stick to a half ton (unless I find a really cool 3/4-ton) because parts are cheaper and easier to find. Sure, it'll have a crappy 700R4 that'll probably need a rebuild at some point (unless I learn to drive a stick - won't rule out a manual)... Not in a hurry to find one but hoping to have one sometime in 2016. I'm hiring a friend to do sales for me so I can do more web design/development work... he'll be driving the nice, presentable Colorado and I'll be daily driving the 95 Suburban. My point is I don't need it ASAP but whenever I find one and I can afford it I'll go for it, but if it needs some work that's OK because it won't be my daily driver. It was awful having the 83 C20 as my only vehicle and having no money to fix it or pay a mechanic when things inevitably went wrong.

TLDR; Will be happy to be back soon :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76