1982 3500 flatbed dually with EFI 350 and 700R4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
I've put over $7,000 in this truck. Letting it go for $4,500. Lots of time and parts.

Rebuilt 1991 350 with TBI, new injectors and fuel pressure regulator and spring, new custom engine wiring harness, aftermarket programmed ECU. Eagle cast steel crank, new flat top pistons, King crank and rod bearings, billet aluminum distributor. Rebuilt power steering pump. AC delete pulley. Hasn't been run much so will need a proper break in period. My father and I rebuilt this engine. It was the last of a lot of engines he'd rebuilt during his life. 1938-2018

Rebuilt 700R4 transmission. Bought it from a company in the eastern USA. Set up with what should be the proper gearing to drive the mechanical speedometer. Has a VSS from Jags That Run to feed the speed signal to the ECU. Either needs a new driveshaft yoke seal or the drive shaft yoke may be a tad undersized. Rear axle ratio should be 4.56:1. I calculated the overdrive should make it around 3.70:1 overall. I had the driveshaft shortened by Connie's Service and Repair (listed as Ontario Oregon but it's out in the sticks). They've been in business for decades, do all the farm truck driveshafts and radiators for a large area.

Instrument cluster upgraded to the one with the oil and temp gauges instead of idiot lights. Installed a new overdrive shift indicator from LMC Truck. Shift linkage needs tweaking to work with the 4 speed.

Tilt column from a Blazer, GM 4 spoke wheel with GMC horn button. (That horn button was hard to find.)

40 gallon fuel tank and pump from 1987 Blazer.

GM Intermittent wiper box installed to go with the control stalk on column but wipers only run on low. Needs wiper motor changed too???

New headlamp wiring and relays to go with new halogen headlamps.

New dash pad. New armrest pads. New 2-way speakers in the dash under the pad. New urethane cab mounts. New coolant overflow tank. New window lifts and window run channel fuzzies. (Last thing that was done before Dad was diagnosed with cancer.)

Over $2,000 spent on good tires and getting them mounted and balanced.

There are two large metal boxes with double doors that go under the flatbed ahead of the rear wheels. Made by previous (original) owner. Welded angle iron frame with heavy gauge aluminum from old road signs covering it. One has two holes in the top where oxy-acetylene tanks had been inserted through the flatbed.

Wood replaced on the bed with thicker, laminated, tongue and groove bridge decking. The bed has a metal ladder that pulls out the rear and drops down.

Dad and I were doing machine tool repair and rebuilding and were building this truck so we could move lathes and milling machines.

$4,500 is my firm price, or I would consider a trade for a *ahem* 2006 to 2009 Prius with under 200K miles. 45+ MPG! my sister bought one (an 09 with under 120K), loves it. Makes my 97 Taurus look like a gas hog.

You must be registered for see images attach

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Dammit! It's red. be all over that except it's red....and an auto..... and tbi......tires won't fit the trailer...... fake?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size