1967 C20 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebodell08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The color is paint code 503, light green. This was the truck original color when it was born back in 1967. Growing up we had a '71 Suburban in this color and I have always liked how it looked on these trucks.
Thanks for the kind words. Keeps me motivated. My wife gets tired of looking at pics of the truck that all look the same to her.

ebodell08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
As it sat when I pulled it from Dad's backyard:

You must be registered for see images attach

As it stands right now:

I will get it cleared over the next week and even out the paint.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
The color is paint code 503, light green. This was the truck original color when it was born back in 1967. Growing up we had a '71 Suburban in this color and I have always liked how it looked on these trucks.
Thanks for the kind words. Keeps me motivated. My wife gets tired of looking at pics of the truck that all look the same to her.
Your wife sounds like my Mom. I start talking about truck stuff, or that I see a nice one on the road, and her eyes kinda glaze over....

ebodell08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Made some progress over the weekend. Got the truck cleared and started to get the limited trim mounted. I also got the lettering on the tailgate and the hood lettering. Next weekend I will get my son's help to get the bumpers back on it. Hope to also start on the interior this week (it is essentially stripped).

ebodell08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got the bumpers, cowl panel, and front fender liners back on. Pulled the door seals and ground the old adhesive off as well. Got the seat I pulled from a grain truck dyed black. I used some VHT vinyl dye. Seemed to work ok but I used two entire cans and some of the spots still seem a bit thin. I have a saddle blanket seat cover for it so dying it was kinda a moot point but I would know and it would somewhat bother me that it was not done.

Rear bumper was rough even with two of us. I have the entire week of the 4th off to work on the truck. All my honey-dos are caught up so the pup and I will be in the shop a lot next week.

ebodell08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Quick update. Got quite a bit done during my week off. Replaced all the wheel cylinders and the master cylinder. Installed the new dash pad (more work than I thought it would be), defroster hoses, vents, and glovebox liner. I still need to do the felt pads and the floormat. I did get the engine pulled and I picked up the new one. Getting some parts so I can stab it in once I clean up the firewall and frame. Everything came off easy; even the collector bolts.

ebodell08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hope this works. Trying to attach some pics but system is acting a bit wonky.

ebodell08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good morning, been a while since I have posted an update on this project. It was pushed to the side for a couple weeks while I did some repairs and maintenance on my newly acquired chore/farm truck (1997 K3500).
So, over the holiday weekend I managed to get the new motor stabbed into the truck and got the hood back on the truck. I also got some the engine hooked up; T/C to flexplate, T/C cover, starter, radiator and hoses. I don't care for the routing of the upper hose so I will noodle on that for a better solution. I still need to add headers, distributor, electrical (very little of that), and the carb.
I still have a ways to go but it is slowly becoming a full truck again. I still need to do the interior, bed floor, and a list of smaller items.

Right after I finally got everything lined up

Radiator and hose in (don't like the upper hose routing)

Have some hood alignment issues. I marked the hood, but I neglected to mark the hinge to fender locations when I pulled those for access to some items. My bad, punishment is a couple hours of alignment....

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good morning, been a while since I have posted an update on this project. It was pushed to the side for a couple weeks while I did some repairs and maintenance on my newly acquired chore/farm truck (1997 K3500).
So, over the holiday weekend I managed to get the new motor stabbed into the truck and got the hood back on the truck. I also got some the engine hooked up; T/C to flexplate, T/C cover, starter, radiator and hoses. I don't care for the routing of the upper hose so I will noodle on that for a better solution. I still need to add headers, distributor, electrical (very little of that), and the carb.
I still have a ways to go but it is slowly becoming a full truck again. I still need to do the interior, bed floor, and a list of smaller items.

Right after I finally got everything lined up

Radiator and hose in (don't like the upper hose routing)

Have some hood alignment issues. I marked the hood, but I neglected to mark the hinge to fender locations when I pulled those for access to some items. My bad, punishment is a couple hours of alignment....
That's turning out really nice!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1