13 yr old sons 55 Chevy Gasser Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
@BigDaddy72 ,Not a real 4 door fan, but that is gonna be a nice ride. One thing about it 4 doors are easier to get the back seat passengers out of, big help not have to get out or scrunch up to tip the seat!!!! Same with your son's project @Catbox. You are both teaching your kids GOOD things!!

We agree that’s why this 4 door is going to get 2 Dr sedan 1/4 panels and rockers along with new trunk and floor board. Already have the 2dr post doors

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!

We agree that’s why this 4 door is going to get 2 Dr sedan 1/4 panels and rockers along with new trunk and floor board. Already have the 2dr post doors
I searched and searched but can not find a pic of another way to convert to 2 dr. I only wanted to share with you guys, not try to change your direction.
My buddy in the mid 80's did a 4 to 2 dr conversion by shortening the car frame and essentially moving the rear forward. He grafted the front portion of the front doors, with the cut out for the front windshield, to the rear doors. Yes the roof was seriously chopped (but not lowered) to make it work. He ended up with a shorty 2 dr coup. There was no room for a back seat, as that was the rear trunk firewall. It was a major undertaking but this guy was a master. I have pics somewhere in my boxes of old photos... some day soon it will surface and I'll post here.
This particular car ran a 327, solid lifter high rpm old school, 4 speed. Ford 9" narrowed and tubbed trunk so N50's sat behind the original fender opening.

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
Very cool. I’ve been a tri-5 owner since I was 16 and I’m 48 now. I used to see that conversion pretty often until guys started to figure out that there really isn’t much difference between the 2 and 4 doors and started turning them 4 doors into 2 doors.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Like you. I've been a fan since I was 14, just out of drivers ed. First car was a 56 210 4 door hardtop with a continental kit, 265 and converted to a 3 spd. Fun car but 4 DOORS. A Friend, Larry, had a 56 4 door Bel Air sedan, 265 converted to a 3 spd. Ran like a raped ape, for the time! Another friend, Dave had a 56 2 door Bel Air 2 door sedan, 265 original 3 spd and wore out, used to dump a cap full of Bon-ami straight down the carb weekly. Helped but speeded up the wear factor. Larry wrecked his and we found a wagon the same color and bought it together for parts, later looking a lot closer, it was a 2 door, so I took my hardtop apart and went with the wagon. Girl friend's parents were NOT impressed!!! Ended up selling and getting a new 68 Nova, then got the wagon back a couple years later and raced it in the NHRA E/MP class. Sold it again and found a 56 2 door post 210 car, probably the tightest one ever, put it together and then sold it. Last stage now in the process of building a 56 Nomad Silver and white car .030 over 327, 700R4 built and a 3.70 posi rear end. Hoping to get it done in time.............

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
The little man helped his Dad do some priming today.
This was his first time using a paint gun. With a little encouragement he did pretty good. Was a good day

BigDaddy72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Chassis Cab
Engine Size
Headed back this afternoon to finish up the under side. I love painting upside down.

That rust needs paint too! Lmbo!!

We’ll post more pictures this afternoon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike