10SI Alternator rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Juggernaut,

Thanks loads, Juggernaut! Yes sir, you sure don't want to get the windings wet. Not just a little wet like you ran through a puddle on the street, but the kind of forging you guys do! Holy smoke! Now we get a lot of rain down here in Louisiana especially here in the last few years, but the whole vehicle isn't three feet in the middle of a river kind of wet.

86burban

Reaction score
First Name
Marcus Buchanan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crew cab C30
Engine Size
@Big Ray
Usually it's a voltage regulator that goes out sometimes in mine. But after I think, three times I'll take a look at the bearings and then I'll do that to. But I bought a hand press, the kind that has a square part that the handle gearing lowers down on a part? I used to have to take it to work to put new bearings in. but since I became disabled I no longer had access to shop tools. So for a long time I had no way of pressing bearings. And I'll tell you something else that hand press can be used for and that is pressing caliper pistons back into the caliper. The press works real good for that to. Yeah, these days the more we can do ourselves to save money the better. And thos dead gum alternators have got real expensive. I think it's because the higher voltage alteernators for these computer cars are real expensive to begin with. So I guess the remanufacturers felt they could get more for these old alternators to. I remember they used to be about $28 bucks. Now they're closer to a hundred. And the alternators for new cars a over three hundred.
New car alternators are more than $500 especially foreign cars. I remember alternators was $20 for 1 year warranty and $33 for lifetime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84