York Engine Driven Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
After looking into buying more electric compressors for my air ride I decided it was way to expensive to try and supply 10 gallons of air at 200psi using electric set ups. I started talking to some people using York belt driven compressors and their really happy with them. So I decided to go with a York 210 from the AC system of a late 70's or early 80's Volvo and on some Ford products. That's the only thing I know they were ever on. I can't seem to find a used one on Craigslist or in any junkyards in my area. Does anyone have a York 210 they would let me buy and pay the shipping to get it to me? Or does anyone know where there is one in a junkyard close to them??
PS- I found some on EBay but some people I have talked to say that they bought a York "210" from some of those companies and they ended up getting a York "208" or "209". So hoping to not have to gamble with FleaBay on this part.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They are hard to come by because everybody wants one, since they are useful for more than one thing. There's a chart somewhere on the internet (maybe I saw it on pirate 4x4) that shows how to tell the different models apart. I think the best way to tell is with the clutch assembly removed. It may be worth the gamble. Even if one ends up not being the 210, you can just resell it... a lot of people don't need the really high pressure like you do.

Bagged Dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
CUMMINS 12 valve
Ya I saw that chart some where also. I think someone posted it on the other forum I use, Duallyscene.com. I wish those damned ebay stores would either post pics of the part number or the end shaft. they all just use the same picture of new units for every York auction it seems like. There are only 3 models of it there are usable. The 208,209, and 210. I could use the 209 or 210. The 209 is just the mid length stroke and takes long to fill the tank where the 210 is the longest stroke of all the Yorks.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I might have a line on one or 2, keep your fingers crossed, I should know in a couple days...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blazermaniac