Wiring (Headlights) HIGH BEAMS WACKY!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinDube

1976 Chevy K10 Custom Deluxe
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
5.7L 350
My wiring was tapped into a long time ago to power the plow lights on my old mount. When i got the truck the high beams didnt work. Now i have the lmc truck wiring harness for the headlights and I noticed the light green wire connecting to the left headlight was disconected and I spliced the floor switch green one and connected the 2. Now my right high beam works D: what a stresser. Now I still have a little thicker gauge wire coming out by the left headlight and its a dark green. I dont know where that goes though. But the floorswitch job i did is the most concerning, why did the right high beam start working after i connected the left light green wire?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Are you sure the left high beam element isn't burned out?

AustinDube

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
5.7L 350
Gonna check that in a bit I'll just swap the lights real quick. and LOL MOST LIKELY CAUSE I DROPPED IT

AustinDube

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
5.7L 350
Got some new bulbs for my lights and got a new headlight and did the trick :D my wiring job done the job good but now i got the job of doing the rear end lighting now and the toplights, bed is a wood flatbed of a 92 f150 and has the old harness off it. my truck has 4 wires and the bed has 5. toplights too theres 2 working and the 3 that dont work only get like 3v of power to them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88