86 C10 headlights went out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farmingwithJesus

Reaction score
First Name
Maria
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe 10
Engine Size
v6
I just bought an 86 Custom Deluxe 10 here in Puerto Rico. I want to restore/mod it at some point, but for now, I just need it to be a fully functioning farm truck.

The high beams did not work when I bought it last week, but the headlights started flickering off and on last night. When I jiggled/turned the headlight knob on the dashboard, they would come back on for a few minutes. Then they went off and won't come back on. The parking lights and turn signals work.

This might be a separate issue, but the speedometer and gauge lights don't work either.

farmingwithJesus

Reaction score
First Name
Maria
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe 10
Engine Size
v6
Thank you, Sir. I have a headlight switch and a dimmer switch in my cart. I've been reading posts and it seems like I might as well pay a few more dollars and replace the dimmer, too?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Both times I suddenly lost headlights it was the dimmer switch. I had parking lights and instrument lights, though.

Best of luck!

farmingwithJesus

Reaction score
First Name
Maria
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe 10
Engine Size
v6
Thanks, Goldie. I think I'll mess around under there a bit more before I start ordering parts. I have parking and signal lights, but no headlights or high beams. The high beams and instrument lights went first and then the headlights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad