Wire Connector, EGR Bleed Solenoid ??? Help with ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am going to be attempting to clean up the wiring that is just hanging in the engine bay from the engine swap. One is the left over EGR stuff.

My truck is a Federal EGR Bleed 700R4 setup. It has 3 wires coming out of the trans connector. There is no EGR or EGR bleed solenoid left. The connector for the EGR and what I think is the EGR bleed solenoid connector are still there. Lockup does not occur unless the EGR bleed solenoid passes the signal through.

There is a two prong female connector similar to the pics below but with two prong receptacles, it is hanging down behind the driver side valve cover. Sorry at work so no actual pic yet.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Is this the EGR bleed solenoid connector? Mine has a jumper wire between the two female prongs. I am going to cut it out and solder the two wires together to clean it up. BTW the trans works flawless but the wiring irks me. I can't tell what color the wire is, road grime color!

Wiring diagram:

Attachments

• Auto Trans.jpg
    Auto Trans.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 132

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That to me looks more like a spade connector to a sender or switch for a gauge or idiot light.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
not the actual connector but similar. I have no idiot lights. All gauges.

It's also hanging there with a metal ring tab that has about 6 black wires running through the loom part.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It could still be a guage sender connector too. It could be either or. And hanging down behind the driver side valve cover, there is a spot for a sender right beside the dizzy at the back of the block. Does you're OEM Oil Pressure gauge work? There is also another oil pressure port just above the oil filter on the back driver side of the block. :shrug:

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It could still be a guage sender connector too. It could be either or. And hanging down behind the driver side valve cover, there is a spot for a sender right beside the dizzy at the back of the block. Does you're OEM Oil Pressure gauge work? There is also another oil pressure port just above the oil filter on the back driver side of the block. :shrug:

yes, works great. oil pressure connector is there. Maybe I need someone to take a pic of their EGR bleed solenoid (if anybody still has one) to compare.

Boone83K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
heyyyyyyy yoouuuuuuuu guyyysssssssss...

pic of EGR Bleed Solenoid anyone??? preferably from 83 or near that year.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Look at amazon, sorry was trying to respond to a today post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-12_214709.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-12_214709.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshuars