Dual fuel tank to single fuel tank pigtail wiring connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcotner

Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado R10
Engine Size
305 ci
I currently have a 1987 R10 dual fuel tank truck. The drivers side fuel tank was disconnected prior to my ownership due to it rusting out. It’s my understanding the truck stopped running while the last owner was driving and he was told it’s the fuel pump. I checked the fuel pump by directly connecting it to a 12 volt battery and it runs fine. The truck will turn over but not run unless fuel is squirted into the EFI while cranking at which time it will run. A friend used jumper wires from the male plug on the drivers side wiring harness coming back along the frame rail to the male fuel pump plug on the passenger side fuel tank and with me in the cab it started. He told me to get a 2 wire female plug to connect to drivers side male plug and wire it with another 2 wire female plug to the passenger fuel pump and it should start. Not sure if I have the plug wires connected to the correct connector plugs or maybe they go elsewhere. There are only 2 other female plugs on the drivers side wiring harness where this other male plug is located. I’m trying to make contact with my friend again but know he is extremely busy and really hasn’t had time to help me out. Hopefully someone on here has had a similar issue or is more knowledgeable with automotive electrical than me.

rcotner

Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado R10
Engine Size
305 ci
@Bextreme04 the first pic is passenger side Plugs. The second pic is drivers side plugs. More pics of the tank switch/plug and different angles of the other plugs.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0438.jpeg
    IMG_0438.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0439.jpeg
    IMG_0439.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0440.jpeg
    IMG_0440.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

rcotner

Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado R10
Engine Size
305 ci
UPDATE: Old 87 R10 is RUNNING! Hallelujah!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad