Wilmar Tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Anybody had bad experiences using Wilmar Tools? Or heard bad things about them?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
buddy if you are planning on buying from them, if they don't carry a lifetime warranty, DON'T BOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now something like power tools maybe, but hand tools, wrenches and such, buy lifetime warranty, it's worth it. if they break you get a new one, it's not worth breaking the cheapos and rebuying them all the time.

Power tools would be great if you can get a lifetime warranty and is what I'd try for.

That goes for ANY company and ANY type of tool.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I bought one of those junk steering wheel/harmonic balancer puller sets from autozone. I'm done working with that cheap $16 dollar set. I bought the Wilmar harmonic puller/installer set but haven't used it yet. I can get the steering wheel puller by wilmar from ebay for $10 after shipping.

Here's there site

http://wilmarcorp.com/default.aspx

Last edited:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
don't think it's gonna work much better then the autozone one then being cheaper.

I think ours is a cheapo and it works fine, bent some bolts on it, the bolts seem weak. A trip to the hardware or mine supply store can fix that though.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yep...First thing i did with my AZ puller was toss the bolts in the scrap bin and went to Lowe's and got new grade 8s.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
I bought one of those junk steering wheel/harmonic balancer puller sets from autozone. I'm done working with that cheap $16 dollar set. I bought the Wilmar harmonic puller/installer set but haven't used it yet. I can get the steering wheel puller by wilmar from ebay for $10 after shipping.

Here's there site

http://wilmarcorp.com/default.aspx

Dave you need to not worry so much about tools like that, A steering wheel puller is not an everyday use tool, you dont have to have the "best name" for that type of tool.

If ya want my opinion if i was you I would not OWN ANY of the tools you can rent from the parts store. Those tools are tools you dont use very frequently so why tie money up in them.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yeah, don't be like me and have a whole toolbox full of tools that will be used once a decade, if that. :rofl:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Dave you need to not worry so much about tools like that, A steering wheel puller is not an everyday use tool, you dont have to have the "best name" for that type of tool.

If ya want my opinion if i was you I would not OWN ANY of the tools you can rent from the parts store. Those tools are tools you dont use very frequently so why tie money up in them.

Thanks Pops. But I don't like to borrow or rent tools off of someone. I rather buy my own instead that way its already there when needed in case of a emergency.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
buddy if you are planning on buying from them, if they don't carry a lifetime warranty, DON'T BOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now something like power tools maybe, but hand tools, wrenches and such, buy lifetime warranty, it's worth it. if they break you get a new one, it's not worth breaking the cheapos and rebuying them all the time.

Power tools would be great if you can get a lifetime warranty and is what I'd try for.

That goes for ANY company and ANY type of tool.

Hand tools carry lifetime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising