Wider Stance Without Changing Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ok, not lifted but I found GM had the V10's 3 inches higher than the R10's. I suppose that is commonplace with 2WD vs. 4WD.
Sounds about right. At least 3”. But that’s immaterial really.
And yes if you got shorter tires, they would rub less but be aware of what they may look like for appearance. Not everyone likes the big rims short sidewall look.
It takes a bit to understand tire size/aspect ratio, rim width/offset etc.
and then it gets a little confusing comparing offset to backspacing. You have to contemplate rim width a little different when comparing offset to bs numbers.
And tires most a metric size width mm, aspect ratio, diameter inches.
But generally good ole US sizes height in x width in x rim size in often have a very similar size in P metric sizing.
But you’ll be able to figure it out.
Practically, what helps, IMO is first figure out what you have and how much more clearance you need. Even a sketch with height/ width and bs helps.
Then pick what you “think” is a slightly “better” combo of tire/rim size to accomplish what you’re after. And make the same sketch with the same comparative dimensions.

That’s literally what I did when ordering the new tires and wheels for the 86 and fatter tires and wheels for the other sons car.
I knew exactly how the new setup would fit and how much less clearance (or more in your case) I’d have before ever pushing the order button.
Also the back of front fender rub at full lock or close to full lock is 99% the limiting factor in size and offset on these trucks. Use that as your “minimum” and generally everything else fits fine.

There are a few other weird inequities but not so much on 4x4 squares.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
THANKS GRIT DOG!

JamesSam