Which do you prefer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Well I drove my truck everyday, unless it was in the garage being worked on, for over 10 years. It is a 1/2 ton with a 6 inch lift and 36 inch tires. It rode pretty good on the road because it is a longbed. It also doesn't have the spring pack that a K30 has. The K 30 will ride pretty stiff on the road anyways without a lift on it.

I like the looks of a truck however I am going to vote for the blazer. Just be aware that the angle of the front driveshaft in that shortbed will give you some difficulty. The Blazer will also ride stiff because it has a short wheelbase.

Ya the long beds track so much better going down the highway.

The front drive shaft wont be any more of an issue though then on any other truck depending on how much its lifted, because on all models the front drive shaft is the same distance away from the front axle. The rear drive shaft is not the same story though!

Sometimes aftermarket lifted springs can be smoother than the stock factory 1ton springs. I would love to have a 1ton frame with my own aftermarket suspension on it!

The K5s are just so iffy at high speeds especially when cornering with lifts on them. But for off road they are the cats ass!

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Here is a motivational video of a Blazer with a bigblock 468 , Dana 60 and 14 bolt. Oh yeah and 39.5 swampers. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmSLUO8jyZg

He has a build thread on CK5 forum. Last count over $20000 with no body work or paint.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Here is a motivational video of a Blazer with a bigblock 468 , Dana 60 and 14 bolt. Oh yeah and 39.5 swampers. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmSLUO8jyZg

He has a build thread on CK5 forum. Last count over $20000 with no body work or paint.

Oh my word that is funny! LMAO did you see the front drive shaft spinning too lol

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Ya the long beds track so much better going down the highway.

The front drive shaft wont be any more of an issue though then on any other truck depending on how much its lifted, because on all models the front drive shaft is the same distance away from the front axle. The rear drive shaft is not the same story though!

Sometimes aftermarket lifted springs can be smoother than the stock factory 1ton springs. I would love to have a 1ton frame with my own aftermarket suspension on it!

The K5s are just so iffy at high speeds especially when cornering with lifts on them. But for off road they are the cats ass!

There were a couple of reasons that I made the comment about the front driveshaft.

The first one is not because of the distance of the driveshaft but the difficult angle a 6 inch lift puts on the front driveshaft. If the OP has an older Blazer or truck with the standard front transfer case yoke he will have trouble keeping u joints in it. The answer to that is getting a newer yoke with the ring. It will be a lot easier on the driveshaft. I have heard of the front driveshaft hitting the crossmember with the old style with a 6 inch lift.

The second reason that I made the comment was because I did not know how much experience Doug80 had with these trucks and especially a lifted one in particular.:)

Having said all of this I think the perfect solution is to get a shortbed truck!!!:):) That way you can haul stuff and not spectators.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Oh my word that is funny! LMAO did you see the front drive shaft spinning too lol

Yeah the best part is that it wasn't his garage!!! It was someone elses!:) They told him to crank it up so he did, quite well I might add. Yeah it runs pretty good.

Guys you can't help but smile after watching that video either.:)

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah the best part is that it wasn't his garage!!! It was someone elses!:) They told him to crank it up so he did, quite well I might add. Yeah it runs pretty good.

Guys you can't help but smile after watching that video either.:)
OMG that's priceless!!!!! R.I.P to the rear tires. Anyone on here got a blazer with 37s and 6in lift?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
There were a couple of reasons that I made the comment about the front driveshaft.

The first one is not because of the distance of the driveshaft but the difficult angle a 6 inch lift puts on the front driveshaft. If the OP has an older Blazer or truck with the standard front transfer case yoke he will have trouble keeping u joints in it. The answer to that is getting a newer yoke with the ring. It will be a lot easier on the driveshaft. I have heard of the front driveshaft hitting the crossmember with the old style with a 6 inch lift.

The second reason that I made the comment was because I did not know how much experience Doug80 had with these trucks and especially a lifted one in particular.:)

Having said all of this I think the perfect solution is to get a shortbed truck!!!:):) That way you can haul stuff and not spectators.

Oh ya your probably right! I have the new Double Cardan shaft, But I had to put the long slip yoke on it and it still doesn't last too long with the 6" lift. I just keep a couple laying around and rebuild them as I need lol. That's why I will always say that the 4" lift is the ideal lift height unless your building an offroad rig and not using it for DDing

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
How about a long box that has been shortened but still a long wheel base?

You must be registered for see images attach

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
^nah

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What about?

For a toy. Obviously not for a DD. I'm a big fan of 4" lifts and 33s. I like the squared off stance. I don't play in the mud much.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
How about a long box that has been shortened but still a long wheel base?

That is cool for sure!!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That is cool for sure!!

Lol I'm glad somebody likes it. I'm sure a lot of work went into that. I just don't dig it much. Maybe if it had a smaller lift and tires on it.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Don't worry IMO I don't like either one, one bit! I think they look like ****!

The reason I like these trucks so much is because of the way the wheel wells are shaped and doing that to these trucks is not very eye pleasing. If you want a Ford go buy one! LOL

I just hate to see hacked bodies cause someone was to lazy or cheap ass to lift the truck properly!

On another note the 2015 GMCs are gonna be a well sought after truck when they become classics or at least the front grill design. I really like that new GMC grill :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CTGAP