Which do you prefer??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok which do you prefer and why?
K5 blazer 6in lift with 37s or k30 6in lift and 37s? What would you rather have for a weekend warrior but be your dd?

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Is the k30 a single axle? Single cab or 4 door? Year model? I'd rather have a round eye K5, but a fuel injected K30. Wouldn't care to DD anything with 37s on it in any case. I'd sure like to find a K5 with a 454/4 speed.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Single wheel can have any accessories you want. So the k5 would be a more rounded truck for off-roading and running down the road? I'm torn between the 2 lol

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
To each his own. I'd rather have the K5, but that's just my personal preference. You can get a K5 in a lot of places you could never get a k30

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
K5 Blazer/Jimmy..with 3/4 ton axles, a fuel injected BB, SB what ever you prefer. Like Zach said you can put a Blazer just about anywhere. The extra weight from the top is a big help, and it's removable, multi use truck.

We are have a debate on my build thread if a 6" lift will give enough clearance for 37, might have to go 8"

Oh.....by the way, a square body, needs square eyes....LOL

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
K5 Blazer/Jimmy..with 3/4 ton axles, a fuel injected BB, SB what ever you prefer. Like Zach said you can put a Blazer just about anywhere. The extra weight from the top is a big help, and it's removable, multi use truck.

We are have a debate on my build thread if a 6" lift will give enough clearance for 37, might have to go 8"

Oh.....by the way, a square body, needs square eyes....LOL

^^lol and a 6 will clear but you may have to massage your fenders. 8 would clear for sure and soould not cause problems

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
For me it would have to be the K30. I need a truck more than a Blazer although Blazers/Jimmys are nice. Check out the Blazer Four Wheeler Magazine is building. That thing is gonna be sweet!!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
For a DD the K30 just because its a pickup. (A K30 is not the smoothest DD) The K5 for offroading anyday!

And ya a 6" lift is not gonna clear 37s and I freakin hate cut up fenders! Might as well just drive a bush buggy then! Them wheel wells is what makes these old squares so attractrive! So why cut them off. just get the right sized lift!

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
For me it would have to be the K30. I need a truck more than a Blazer although Blazers/Jimmys are nice. Check out the Blazer Four Wheeler Magazine is building. That thing is gonna be sweet!!

What edition is it in? Like what month don't think I saw that one. But I might have missed it lol

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I vote k30.

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
What edition is it in? Like what month don't think I saw that one. But I might have missed it lol

It started in the January 2015 issue and has been on going. They're doing the military axle swap and using parts from ORD for the lift. They call it the Bug Out Blazer. It's an over-the-top build with $2000 axle shafts and all but it has a lot of useful info for anyone with a Squarebody. It has a 350 TBI engine and manual tranny.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It started in the January 2015 issue and has been on going. They're doing the military axle swap and using parts from ORD for the lift. They call it the Bug Out Blazer. It's an over-the-top build with $2000 axle shafts and all but it has a lot of useful info for anyone with a Squarebody. It has a 350 TBI engine and manual tranny.

I'm going to have to check that out!!

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Do you know any other issues it is in? They just need the article and did not say when they were finishing it if they even did

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Well I drove my truck everyday, unless it was in the garage being worked on, for over 10 years. It is a 1/2 ton with a 6 inch lift and 36 inch tires. It rode pretty good on the road because it is a longbed. It also doesn't have the spring pack that a K30 has. The K 30 will ride pretty stiff on the road anyways without a lift on it.

I like the looks of a truck however I am going to vote for the blazer. Just be aware that the angle of the front driveshaft in that shortbed will give you some difficulty. The Blazer will also ride stiff because it has a short wheelbase.

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Do you know any other issues it is in? They just need the article and did not say when they were finishing it if they even did

It's in almost every issue until last month. They have not finished it yet. They got the axles in and the lift in but they still need to weld in the spring perches in. They got the Ruff Stuff 14 bolt install kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey