where to buy exhaust pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
been looking for the cheapest place to buy aluminized or stainless steel exhaust pipe in 2.5-3" diameter. I can find 2.25 and below build kits all day but having trouble finding the larger diameter in what I want. I just want a few straight lengths and 45ish degree bends...cheap!

I saw this thread a couple days ago and I had forgotten that I had an AP Exhaust catalog.

I am sure they will have everything you need. This is the company that has historically manufactured most of the exhaust systems used in many US built trucks over the years - not just GMC. They produce and stock every conceivable part to build an OEM grade system. From all kinds of pipe style and shape, mufflers, hangers, terminations, flanges, adapters, clamps, you name it.

I can't vouch for their pricing on everything, but I recently bought a pair NOS HD5 stainless mufflers as part of my ongoing restoration project.

These mufflers are still available - but for huge $$. Nalley for example, lists them for $677.05.

MUFFLER. Exhaust. (2 Wheel Drive) (4 Wheel Drive) $677.05

So, even though I think they are the best muffler available - for that kind of money, it looked like my old set were going to stay.

Even though they looked bad they were still intact. Then one day I found one each at two different places ( each place only had one left in stock).

Paid $379 for one but I got the other from AP for only $239.

You must be registered for see images attach

AP Emissions/Exhaust is very old school and has a great reputation. It should not be confused with Apexi Exhaust which is a Japanese outfit that has only been in business since 1992 and makes little light duty systems for like motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc.

They are located in Goldsboro NC. Here is the link to their website to down load a catalog if you are interested.

http://www.apemissions.com/

A couple of pages from the catalog (it's 298 pages)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man