where to buy exhaust pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
been looking for the cheapest place to buy aluminized or stainless steel exhaust pipe in 2.5-3" diameter. I can find 2.25 and below build kits all day but having trouble finding the larger diameter in what I want. I just want a few straight lengths and 45ish degree bends...cheap!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Have you checked with an exhaust shop? That would be my first stop around here. No reason they wouldn't sell some straight stock. As far as bends go, it would depend on the shop. if they have the right equipment to bend the tube without putting the crinkle bends in, I'd have them make some 45s too. Gotta be cheaper than any premade kits or what you'd pay in shipping for online orders.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Have you checked with an exhaust shop? That would be my first stop around here. No reason they wouldn't sell some straight stock. As far as bends go, it would depend on the shop. if they have the right equipment to bend the tube without putting the crinkle bends in, I'd have them make some 45s too. Gotta be cheaper than any premade kits or what you'd pay in shipping for online orders.
Yup I paid 20 a piece for 2 10’ sticks of aluminized 3” pipe and 15 a piece for 2 3” 90s at a local shop.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
awesome, thanks!

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Always buy in bulk to save bucks. If you talk to your local exhaust shop they will make you some bends and elbows for pretty cheap too (compared to spending 200 dollars on a box of stuff from summit)

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Try M&M Muffler on Hwy 49 in Auburn. Summit carries 4' stainless lengths for $50.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Not sure if its aluminized but pretty sure it aint stainles but i got a straight 10' piece of 3" id from napa and they cut it in half for me. I put 2 - 90° bends at the end from A@A and thats all.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
so far the shops I talked to today were all $45-50/10foot stick for 3" aluminized. 2.5" was about $8 a stick cheaper. they also said $5-10 per bend.

they were all kind of hinting that 3" only bends cleanly in a mandrel, and recommended just using 2.5". most shops didn't have mandrel benders and the ones who did were $30-40 per bend. the one shop that had a mandrel bender said they don't do over the counter sales, but quoted me $3000 for a custom exhaust.

2.5" inch it is. $3000 is not much less than I payed for my truck, lol

there are a few more shops to call Monday that aren't open over the weekend. I expect them to be about the same, as the places I called were all very close in price to one another.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
so far the shops I talked to today were all $45-50/10foot stick for 3" aluminized. 2.5" was about $8 a stick cheaper. they also said $5-10 per bend.

they were all kind of hinting that 3" only bends cleanly in a mandrel, and recommended just using 2.5". most shops didn't have mandrel benders and the ones who did were $30-40 per bend. the one shop that had a mandrel bender said they don't do over the counter sales, but quoted me $3000 for a custom exhaust.

2.5" inch it is. $3000 is not much less than I payed for my truck, lol

there are a few more shops to call Monday that aren't open over the weekend. I expect them to be about the same, as the places I called were all very close in price to one another.
lol. $3k for an exhaust? That bitch better be all titanium, with v-band clamps at every joint.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
lol. $3k for an exhaust? That bitch better be all titanium, with v-band clamps at every joint.
I think they said no joints. one piece 3" mandrel bent stainless steel. I thought it was outrageous too. guy must only do show cars.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I think they said no joints. one piece 3" mandrel bent stainless steel. I thought it was outrageous too. guy must only do show cars.
One piece is great, right up until you need to repair or service something and a pipe is in the way. Give me some v-bands for the win every time.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I just want to build the thing myself, anyway. one of the shops couldn't understand why I didn't just want to bring the truck in to have them do it. I told him, what's the fun in that?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I just want to build the thing myself, anyway. one of the shops couldn't understand why I didn't just want to bring the truck in to have them do it. I told him, what's the fun in that?
lol, it's in not spending a bunch of time doing something that you'll rarely see, and being able to enjoy it quicker, because the guys that know how to do it can get it done in a fraction of the time. I hated having to do anything with the exhaust on my jeep when I had it. replacing pipes at the dealer was only slightly less unpleasant, because it all bolted together like it was supposed to. I imagine trying to figure bends and angles out for something like that would be a lot like hell. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes