where to buy exhaust pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
lol, it's in not spending a bunch of time doing something that you'll rarely see, and being able to enjoy it quicker, because the guys that know how to do it can get it done in a fraction of the time. I hated having to do anything with the exhaust on my jeep when I had it. replacing pipes at the dealer was only slightly less unpleasant, because it all bolted together like it was supposed to. I imagine trying to figure bends and angles out for something like that would be a lot like hell. lol
I totally get what you are saying. working on my own crap is like therapy for me. the last full exhaust I built from pipe sections I bought at a speed shop in Sacramento except the two stainless magnaflows I bought for $40 used. it only took a day to cut and weld it all up. I like the meticulous detail stuff. probably explains why I'm sanding perfectly good paint off my trucks frame only to repaint the whole thing. I have issues

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
lol. OCD is a bitch.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My last 3 projects I made the exhaust the Dime and Chevelle got 2.75” EMT and Willy got 3” aluminized pipe. The last complete system I bought was for the A4 to the tune of over a grand. That cured me.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
lol. $3k for an exhaust? That bitch better be all titanium, with v-band clamps at every joint.

Had a quote of $2k for the vette as true duals and their mufflers not the ones I wanted, made by a shop that claims they would fit my car not built for my car with hookers and a 700r4..I passed on that and the "kits" everyone sells and built a polished SS with my mufflers for less than a grand paying my bro in law to tig weld the system for me.

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model
k5 c10 k10 SSR doodlebug
Engine Size
406 360 6.2 5.3 171
you can buy from the cab over the axle and exit behind the rear wheel in 2 1/2" flowmaster on ebay for $135 duals just find a site that takes an offer otherwise $144. plug in your mufflers and you only need 2 custom bends from your hedders to the mufflers.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
you can buy from the cab over the axle and exit behind the rear wheel in 2 1/2" flowmaster on ebay for $135 duals just find a site that takes an offer otherwise $144. plug in your mufflers and you only need 2 custom bends from your hedders to the mufflers.
Just not on a SB400 lol what’s up man?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
My last 3 projects I made the exhaust the Dime and Chevelle got 2.75” EMT and Willy got 3” aluminized pipe. The last complete system I bought was for the A4 to the tune of over a grand. That cured me.
I meant to ask a couple days ago... you used EMT as in electrical wiring conduit?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I meant to ask a couple days ago... you used EMT as in electrical wiring conduit?
Yup. Not on this truck but on the dime and the Chevelle. 2.75” it thickness yields a nice tone to it.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yup. Not on this truck but on the dime and the Chevelle. 2.75” it thickness yields a nice tone to it.

I'm sold, not sure why this never crossed my mind. I work with the stuff all the time... its even mandrel bent.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm sold, not sure why this never crossed my mind. I work with the stuff all the time... its even mandrel bent.
I cut pie slices to make bends and welded it to back together. Just be sure to grind The galvanizing off of it lol

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I'm thinking outside, with an appropriate canister on my respirator just in case. just not sure if I'll go flux core with a fan or be brave with the mig.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm thinking outside, with an appropriate canister on my respirator just in case. just not sure if I'll go flux core with a fan or be brave with the mig.
Mig. Just grind off the galvanizing and don’t have your face in the smoke stream. Lol

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
damnit, just called my supplier, its $35 a stick for 2.5" emt right now. that's not much cheaper than aluminized pipe of the same diameter. I'm going to call a few electricians and see if they have any shorter fall off that they'd sell for cheap.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
damnit, just called my supplier, its $35 a stick for 2.5" emt right now. that's not much cheaper than aluminized pipe of the same diameter. I'm going to call a few electricians and see if they have any shorter fall off that they'd sell for cheap.
The stuff I used was 2.75” I just used to make nice with the electricians lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84sqbdy