What to do???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Yea, they have them , 166.48 each but it sounds like you have a good deal going on at national any way. If you end up getting them please post a pic if you dont mind.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yea, they have them , 166.48 each but it sounds like you have a good deal going on at national any way. If you end up getting them please post a pic if you dont mind.

I have to get them, it's kind of a snowball effect. My Burb needs tires and the wheelwells are very rusty. I need cutout flares so I can lose the rust and have an easily hidden area to attach some custom inner wheel tubs, and cutout flares would look silly without bigger and wider tires, then I need wider wheels to mount the new tires.

I'll do a build thread too since I also have to do a motor/trans/t-case swap. And swap some doors. And not take too long with the project... I have my work cut out for me :rofl:

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
If you can give me the head numbers and intake numbers with whatever bottom end you have my brother does a lot of flow bench and is very active with programs to match cams with heads and intake if your interested. He could recommend you a cam. Also would need what rpm range you would like to run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benscharlotte21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
I can probably get you it next weekend. I'm away till then.

BigBlue85

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
If you want to run 38's on a 10 or 12 wide wheel with a 6" lift you will be re-shaping your front fenders off road,(and sometimes on road) . I have 35"s on 10 wide wheels with a 6" and off road it sometimes touches the fenders. You might get by with 8" wide wheels and 37"s with the zero rates all around with a 6" making it a 7".
If you are mostly on the street you can get away with less lift , but it only takes one time and your fender is trashed.Your wheel width plays a big part in messing up your fender's.

Here"s the way I would go,
35"s = 6" lift
37"s = 7" lift
38"s = 8" lift

Everybody has their favorite brand of leafs , so you will get mixed emotions on that. If you want bad boy custom leafs , deaver's are nice all around but if you want to go with the major brands , I like skyjacker's softride , but thats just me. A lot of guy's on here like tuff country , I myself have never ran them because when they first came out , (way back in the day) they were junk but people say they are good now.I have ran rough counrty , rancho , superlift , trailmaster , and pro comp springs in the past and I liked the skyjacker's the best for a good ride and taking a beating off road , aside from the deavers springs I have had (they rode the best).
I like the shackle flip set up for lifts , but dont let people freak you out about blocks in the rear , they work fine. I have had 0 problems with blocks and I have been trashing trucks in the mud , rocks , sand , etc... with big motor's for moons , hell even fords and dodges have been coming from the factories with blocks in the rear stock for moons.
Here is the blazer I am building ,
8" skyjacker springs with my own 0 rate blocks all around = 9" lift
38's on 10 wide wheels for everyday and 40's on 14 wide wheels for mud
cross over steering , 1" t-case drop , 8 lug , cut fenders a bit.

My girls truck, 1978 loaded silverado
6" skyjacker softride springs all around
35's on 10 wides
350 , 350hp roller motor , 4.11 gears , locked rear.

Figure out your tire/wheel size and if you want to cut your fender's or not and get her up in the air enough to clear everything and have fun
You must be registered for see images attach

Your girls truck is how I want mine to look.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Your girls truck is how I want mine to look.

Yea , it's just what fit's good with square's;

33's=4" lift
35's=6" lift
etc.......
If you dont want to cut fender's and such.

benscharlotte21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
The VIN on my motor is 10054727... the 5 might be an 8 as well Im not 100 percent on that number. I didnt have time to get a head number. Anyone know what that means? If anything?

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
The VIN on my motor is 10054727... the 5 might be an 8 as well Im not 100 percent on that number. I didnt have time to get a head number. Anyone know what that means? If anything?

That's a 1986 and up 350 , 2 bolt main , car or truck motor , 1 piece rear main seal.

benscharlotte21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
Is there somewhere I would look that up? Or are you just experienced enough and knowledgeable enough to know that ahead of time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade