What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Was welding a structural patch on the S10 rear leaf spring hanger, then i noticed that the 80 was leaking coolant for no reason all of the sudden. Been parked up for a couple months now to avoid the road salt cancer. Removed the cover and popped the hood, water neck gasket decided to fail. So that's cool.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Was welding a structural patch on the S10 rear leaf spring hanger, then i noticed that the 80 was leaking coolant for no reason all of the sudden. Been parked up for a couple months now to avoid the road salt cancer. Removed the cover and popped the hood, water neck gasket decided to fail. So that's cool.
What are the temps in your area? Is your coolant ratio high enough?

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
What are the temps in your area? Is your coolant ratio high enough?

Surprisingly high for the time of yeah. high 40s low 50s. Not to mention i check my freezepoint pretty religiously. Don't know why. All good there. Guess it was just the gasket's time.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Last year I was one of the lucky five nationwide to score a Forever Sharp black muscle steering wheel at discount. This year they released a bronze version that matches the truck and wheels so much better... Well, Cyber Monday when they were 30% off I nabbed one! I think it looks damn good and will really tie the truck together. Will likely sell the other one here in the future so be on the lookout.
You must be registered for see images attach
Yes. Looks nice!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well, she’s a runner again. Have yet to drive it- had some kids descend on the house today, so I can’t leave- but I’m excited to drive it and see what difference the Cold Case makes at speed. I’d give it about 8.5/10 on the finished project- I’m still not excited about the lower hose but “its good enough for the girls we date”.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Guess I’ll join the swap your radiator club. Last winter when it got down to -20 degrees the radiator in my CUCV froze and split. I pulled it out and soldered it, and thought it was good, but it started leaking again this spring. Never one to do anything when it’s easy, I waited until this week when we are expecting snow to fix it. Found the leak in a different spot than before and soldered it up. Appeared to have fixed it, but I didn’t have a way to pressure test it. Filled it up and tried it out today, and it appears to be leaking again.

Thinking about buying at new one since the one in it is probably original and will probably keep springing leaks. Looks like prices range from about $300 on Rockauto, to $550 at Autozone. Any recommendations for a decent brand?

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@SDJunkMan I went with Cold Case, since I’m a sucker for all the guys like Derek Bieri (Vice Grip Garage). He was working on a project in one of his videos and mentioned Cold Case discount code for free shipping “vicegrip “.

It’s a thing of beauty, but there’s probably cheaper options out there. I paid about 400. I know others use Griffin, etc. I was able to use all my original hardware without modifications.

I’ll let others speak up if they’ve had success or failures with the cheaper parts stores radiators. Best of luck to you! Sounds like you gave it your best shot.

One more thing- don’t let anyone talk you into an aftermarket radiator with a lower 1.75” outlet. All of the hoses I could find are 1.5” outlet.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
LS long block almost together to change out the used one I put in last year that took a dump. Would have been done tonight, but a few of the pushrods look bad so another set will be here Saturday. So I've got 3 days to prep the garage and get the front off the truck.

lol sucks, getting to be a pro at it.

Attachments

• 20231226_201130.jpg
    20231226_201130.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 20

1STLS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MIchael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This was an unexpected issue getting the truck ready to go back on the road that I had not encountered before. This was a truck I purchased off a board member's friend in Northern CA a couple years back. The glass was stained with waterspots. I mean so bad I had to drive with the drivers door open to see forward. Tried CLR, industrial vinegar, rubbing compound, etc. It was better but still had marks and scratches. Thought about it and how long it was going to take only to get marginal results, bit the bullet and purchased all new glass for it from a local glass shop who I had coming out to put a windshield in another vehicle. I had previously purchased a complete weather strip replacement kit that included the front and rear gaskets so already had them. Ordered a pre cut tint kit for it too, here in AZ it's a necessity.

Last edited:

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This was an unexpected issue getting the truck ready to go back on the road that I had not encountered before. This was a truck I purchased off a board members friend in upper Northern CA a couple years back. The glass was stained with waterspots. I mean so bad I had to drive with the drivers door open to see forward. Tried CLR, industrial vinegar, rubbing compound, etc. It was better but still had marks and scratches. Thought about it and how long it was going to take only to get marginal results, bit the bullet and purchased all new glass for it from a local glass shop who I had coming out to put a windshield in another vehicle. I had previously purchased a complete weather strip replacement kit that included the front and rear gaskets so already had them. Ordered a pre cut tint kit for it too, here in AZ it's a necessity.

Love the turbines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood