What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Redesigned brackets and mounted the new dash speakers so they would clear the pad.
Painted the pointers all the same color on the old and new gauges.
STILL....... waiting on the new printed circuit to show up so I can get the cluster conversion done.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was looking at aftermarket gauges but that looks so good, I'd consider that!

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Got one vent window reinstalled. Started on the sound deadener. It does make a difference, stops the "tinny" sound.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Well today was my weekly half day at work and it was gorgeous out. I was wanting to swap the gauge cluster in my mini square but since it was so nice out and my "faded to peach" orange paint was really bothering me i got out all stuff and repainted my orange accent. Much better!! The gauges will probly be this weekend. I found a very nice set of full sweep gauges in the local you yank it and popped led bulbs in it. Im excited to see how they look at night. @idahovette

Batmobile ish !! :D

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I gotta make some other things happen before it can be repaired. S10 was a cheap, well runnin junkyard grab right at the time i could no longer drive the square.
I think I still have V8 swap mount plates laying around for dimes lol also I think I still have caltrac parts laying around for dimes lol they kinda used to be a thing for me

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@Honky Kong jr , sure NOW you come up with them!....lol...Just got the engine in my Grandson, Kooper's s10. Coulda used your plates and your expertise! Not done yet, still fine tuning the 700R4. Not as much fun as it used to be.......

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I got the hell raiser c10 running again.

I had it well at 80 mph or faster running down MILLER road @idahovette haha (i live on miller road)

The first **** up was part of the breather gasket got sucked into the holley, and made the blades stick open, i was tryna downshift it to slow it down and turn around and it didnt want to because it was revving so high.
I coasted into a rando driveway down miller road, I removed that, fired it back up, went back down the road towards my house, and then the tach wire popped off the distributor which the holley needs for fueling and air and such....since the holley had no reference it stalled and died going at a pretty fast speed. I just coasted it past the trailer park down the road from my house to my back yard.

The raw adrenaline rush from driving that thing.... hory chit
I swear i had so many people on theit porches looking at me when went flying down miller road HAHAHA
No shirt, no seatbelt, no tag, and i was halfway hanging out the driver window like an american! (No seatbelt wasnt maybe a good idea, but whatever.)

Someone on a crotch rocket came blasting down the road and stopped in front of my house after i got back home, and then they turned around and went back? Idk what that was about.
The thing is so ******* violent!
But.....steering and handling is very nice. No loosey goosey steering. No shakes. That 80 mph or whatever was a smooth riding, ear shattering 80.

i love the setup thus far... so much torque i dont even need to downshift, 3rd gear IS passing gear at any speed!

I'll get some videos soon.
I cant video myself, that manual steering requires both hands on the wheel .

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I think I still have V8 swap mount plates laying around for dimes lol also I think I still have caltrac parts laying around for dimes lol they kinda used to be a thing for me
Hhhmmmmm, i been wanting to 5 spd it also lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
@Honky Kong jr , sure NOW you come up with them!....lol...Just got the engine in my Grandson, Kooper's s10. Coulda used your plates and your expertise! Not done yet, still fine tuning the 700R4. Not as much fun as it used to be.......
That was my toy a few years ago. FYI a 335/17 fits under but that’s with 4x4 axle but being I un4x4ed it and put 2wd spindles on the 4x4 arms and kept the torsion bars it all worked out for the Vette wheels and those were 275/45s on the front with no rubbing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69