What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
I cheerfully pulled a broke down pussystroke off the side of the road back to my friends house. LOL That's what he gets for buying a ferd.

WastedWages

Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Patched a leaky fuel hose, finally heard it run for the first time. As did the neighbors ( what's a muffler?)

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Started and drove my truck. May not seem like a big deal but my truck lives at our second home 2.5 hours away. It was last used to put away the boat on September 24.

I was very happy that it cranked no problem after sitting for over 3 months. I wasn't sure what would happen since the truck was just rebuilt in June of this year. It turned over real strong the first time I tried, cranked it for about 20 seconds. Let it sit for about 10 seconds and it sputtered on the second crank of about 10 seconds. Mashed the pedal twice and it fired on the third crank. There is one advantage of having no electronic accessories, when the key is off there is no drain on the battery.

I tried to adjust the choke and screwed that up. The choke idle was too low and it wouldn't stay running when cold. Adjusted it up and now it is too high. My choke also doesn't seem to be going off. But we were only there for a couple days so I ran out of time to fix it correctly.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
In the middle of swapping out a 305 for a 350 on my 87 . Also installed. 91 suburban front core support and grille. One of the cheaper cooler things (sometimes the simple things please me the most) is I put blue ledsttips inside my instrument cluster, really lights up now.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Actually worked on it for a change... pulled the 84 tank out of the k5 and replaced with the 87 style so my tbi won't lose fuel when lower than a 1/4 tank hopefully... also found that the fuel pump needed some repair... I replaced the fuel line from the pump to sending unit and replaced the fuel strainer put everything back together and and strapped it back in...
You must be registered for see images

Now to finish the fuel lines up to the front and reconnect them... oh and I also reinstalled the starter and oil cooler too... lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My new tank straps came in now i can pull the tank repair the leak and have two tanks again.. Plus my second battery tray and support bracket came in, i can install that. Next design a winch bumper for the ole girl and install the 16500 warn i have laying around.

7silverado6

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 silverado
Engine Size
I bought a new/ used edelbrock carb last weekend at a tractor pull my boss invited me to. I switched it out with my carter afb and have a ton more power.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

a edelbrock is crap to a old a old carter afb.
I took one of a65 caddy and put on a high rise torquer 2 in takeit hissed like all hell.
sucked has like I owned a gas station but it ha balls.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Went out to the junkyard to get another proportioning valve because the old one was seized up and not letting fluid to the back brakes. We stomped on the brake pedal about 100 times, checked for a button on it - none - and finally decided to hell with it. Got a like new one for $6.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Went out to the junkyard to get another proportioning valve because the old one was seized up and not letting fluid to the back brakes. We stomped on the brake pedal about 100 times, checked for a button on it - none - and finally decided to hell with it. Got a like new one for $6.

Replaced my broken wiper squirter, courtesy of Frank and Retro and the above mentioned junkyard run.

Thanks again guys!

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Played around with the exhaust. Was running true dual straights with 2.5 cats with turn downs. Ending mid section of the fuel tank, wondered what it would sound like with the 2 summit louver mufflers on.(glasspack but looking inside there's no packing) Can't say I don't like it

Last edited:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Played around with the exhaust. Was running true dual straights with 2.5 cats with turn downs. Ending mid section of the fuel tank, wondered what it would sound like with the 2 summit louver mufflers on.(glasspack but looking inside there's no packing) Can't say I don't like it

These are 3" compared to your 2.5", but these are what im putting on my monte.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-24250/overview/

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
These are 3" compared to your 2.5", but these are what im putting on my monte.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-24250/overview/

I wanted all 3" exhaust from the headers back. Just decided to match up with the headers, I got the short 12" mufflers, didn't plan on using them as mufflers though. Wanted to use them as cats, and go with 2 flow tech raptors. Ended up with 2 2.5 thunderbolts after reading about them here. Love loud ( was open headers :rockit: )

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I wanted all 3" exhaust from the headers back. Just decided to match up with the headers, I got the short 12" mufflers, didn't plan on using them as mufflers though. Wanted to use them as cats, and go with 2 flow tech raptors. Ended up with 2 2.5 thunderbolts after reading about them here. Love loud ( was open headers :rockit: )

Honestly 2" Is more then enough to support a 350, my truck is 2" duals all the way back to the bumper.

But my monte is Practically gonna be open headers, its gonna go into those bullits and dump 4" right after.

Last edited:

1984K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 (350CID)
Changing the tranny fluid as we speak. 16 bolt square Pan is a 700r4 right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man