What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

travisr1988

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado
Engine Size
Now I see it Travis...And here I've had Luminas and Cavaliers. I'm getting old.

It happens, I looked through tons of images to figure it out, just thought people should know which vehicles have which wheels so they don't look at the wrong vehicles and waste time. The wheel is much nicer than my original btw, turns a little harder but I don't hit anything if I turn the wheels too fast, it's also much more comfortable to hold. Eventually I'll find a more classic looking wheel, but this one will do just fine for now

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I'm just down the road from you a couple of miles if you ever want to head to Wench-A-Part. :) I see they recently got in some more squares.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Yesterday i shot some graphite powder down the spedo cable, checked the circuit overlay to the instrument cluster (found the problem with non working lights was bad contact) broke the shift indicator (tried gluing it for now but it broke in 4 pieces)

so have ordered the needle new sockets for the lights will install this weekend once they get her and i get back from earning the funds to pay for it all, next will be to find a body man to take care of the built in spittoon in the floorboard and some encrustation on the sides... then the paint job

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Truck Year
1967, 1969, 1978
Truck Model
C10, K5, K30
Engine Size
5.3L, 350, 350
Got the new seat ready to go into my 78 last night. The one that is currently in it has a few tears in the vinyl, not terrible, but I hate the vinyl on hot days, and the springs are broken on my side so it is quite bouncy.

The seat is out of my 2000 F250 DD, it was torn and missing some foam, I lucked out on a deal for $150 for a front and rear bench seat from a 2007 F350 Crew with only 40k mi, so I threw the front seat in my F250, the backseat I am putting on casters to make a rolling shop couch, and the one I pulled out of my F250 I threw a cover on to go in my 78. The front mounts on the F250 seat are the right angle to fit the floor of the 78, and it's only about 1" wider at the mounts, so I should be able to get away with slotting the holes a bit and it go right in.

Here's how it looked before pulled it out.
You must be registered for see images attach

After stuffing the hole with some foam, and sewing the hole up.

All done and ready to go in. Tested and approved by Indy.

It's not perfect, but it's better than what's currently in the truck, and MUCH comfier. The tweed should keep our backs from getting so sweaty as well. Also, unlike the stock seat, this one folds forward.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
NEW WHEEL
You must be registered for see images

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
its either paperwork or work on the truck, already went to the parts store, so today she gets a new headlamp switch (cussing already trying to get the knob out) fixed the cluster lights, simple as bending the tabs on the sockets and replaced a couple...

the $18 shift indicator needle is in.... i may treat her to new plugs, fuel filter and replace the oil pressure sending unit i picked up at the parts store when i bough the oil to change in the 06 sierra.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
its either paperwork or work on the truck, already went to the parts store, so today she gets a new headlamp switch (cussing already trying to get the knob out) fixed the cluster lights, simple as bending the tabs on the sockets and replaced a couple...

the $18 shift indicator needle is in.... i may treat her to new plugs, fuel filter and replace the oil pressure sending unit i picked up at the parts store when i bough the oil to change in the 06 sierra.

There is a small spring loaded button on the headlight switch that you depress. That will allow you to remove the knob.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
I found that just with everything you have to hold your toungue just right and say the proper four letter words, like some incantation to the God of Horsepower.

Got the plugs changed, changed oil press sender (didn't help) fuel filter... all i can say is took her up the road and the truck is "Happy Happy Happy" now

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I found that just with everything you have to hold your toungue just right and say the proper four letter words, like some incantation to the God of Horsepower.

Got the plugs changed, changed oil press sender (didn't help) fuel filter... all i can say is took her up the road and the truck is "Happy Happy Happy" now

lol, si.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
:headbang:finished my headers and did partial exhaust gonna need more pipe and have it dumped under the bed

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/993586_629065353778659_828337261_n.jpg

travisr1988

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado
Engine Size
What kind of wheel is that? I like alot

I see my taste is similar to a few peoples. It's a stock wheel from the late 80s early 90s cavalier z24s, I believe 1991 was when they changed the horn button to a rectangle. I just picked one up at the wrecking yard a week or so ago.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl

She's not quite to scalded ape but i noticed an upswing in acceleration. The Instrument lights work great now, had to go test with a run to the local sonic for some half price milk shakes.

Tomorrow i'll run her into a couple body shops and see about the cost of a new paint job and some rust fixes, that or i'll start pulling the trim molding and going from there, or see if my neighbors still have a makeshift paint booth setup for their race cars.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
:headbang:finished my headers and did partial exhaust gonna need more pipe and have it dumped under the bed

Why did you mount headermount hornys separate from the headers?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruggedly