What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I cut a template for the frame repair at the steering box, wire wheeled the whole area that needs work, and welded up the existing damage. Tomorrow I will cut & shape the steel for the plate and get it worked and welded in place. Decided I didn't want to have to remove the winch, mount, and power steering pump to get the plate on the inside. I think I have a plan for the brace as well, using 1/4" plate.

78 Chevyrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
In the last 3 weeks... All Birthday presents to myself. I haven't added or done much of anything to the truck in almost 1.5 years.

New Steering Wheel
You must be registered for see images attach

New Vent Visors

New Tonneau Cover

1973 Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1970Something
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.9 6BT Cummins
In the last 3 weeks... All Birthday presents to myself. I haven't added or done much of anything to the truck in almost 1.5 years.

New Steering Wheel

New Vent Visors

New Tonneau Cover

Do your tires rub at all? They look stuffed in there.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Got the exhaust into place on the truck and mounted at the back. Just need to weld it up to the down pipe and I should be good to go. Thinking about adding a clamped slipjoint in there somewhere so I can disassemble it if I need to. Might just end up welding some flanges onto the downpipe and the other side so I can bolt them together.

78 Chevyrado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Do your tires rub at all? They look stuffed in there.

They haven't so far. Tires are 275/70R18... 33.4" tall. And Its a C20 with a 2" lift on it. But when I installed them, I had to nip the corner off the very bottom of the front wheel openings. no more than 1" at a 45 degree angle. as stock when sitting still the tires had about 1/32" clearance in that area, so I trimmed it to fit. you cannot see the mod from the side. only when looking down in the wheel opening.

I like a 31" or so on a SWB but I have to have at least a 33" on a LWB for my sense of proportion...lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Do want that tonneau cover!!! It's jumped to the top of my list of things to do next! Hopefully in a few weeks :drool:

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
I sprayed undercoating under the front wheel wells and applied chassis grease to all the spring bumpers and springs to eliminate a annoying squeaks.

Changed oil in the rear diff and replaced the carrier bearing on the drive axle. my truck has a two piece drive shaft with a slip yoke.

Greased all the items that took grease i had to replace the alemite fitting in the slip yoke it wouldn't take grease this time. Replaced my cracked tail lamp lens finally after finding a replacement.

not bad for a weekend.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good **** guys. :)

I got pissed off at mine tonight at an ever increasing pass side exhaust leak making my truck sound so ever more like a POS. Only thing I hate worse than fixing exhaust leaks is rust repair and brake work.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
Good **** guys. :)

I got pissed off at mine tonight at an ever increasing pass side exhaust leak making my truck sound so ever more like a POS. Only thing I hate worse than fixing exhaust leaks is rust repair and brake work.

donut gasket it is fun...... not really those manifold studs might break off leaving you to replace a manifold.

brakes... well there optional just find the nearest tree my friend and you should have no problem stopping.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I don't mind disc brakes but I hate drum brakes!!!

1973 Chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1970Something
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.9 6BT Cummins
I got my new Moog ball joints in yesterday, so now I got plenty of work to finish by the weekend should get front axle together this weekend, it sucks only being able to work on this stuff for 3 hours a day and thats if I get up at 3am.

They haven't so far. Tires are 275/70R18... 33.4" tall. And Its a C20 with a 2" lift on it. But when I installed them, I had to nip the corner off the very bottom of the front wheel openings. no more than 1" at a 45 degree angle. as stock when sitting still the tires had about 1/32" clearance in that area, so I trimmed it to fit. you cannot see the mod from the side. only when looking down in the wheel opening.

I like a 31" or so on a SWB but I have to have at least a 33" on a LWB for my sense of proportion...lol
I don't know if I would be able to cut anything on such a nice body like that but they look really good on your truck, they add more muscle I think and make it look damn good!

2manyboats

Reaction score
First Name
jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Replaced the a/c clutch coil, so now I have a/c. Replaced the rear radio speakers. Next week I plan to replace oil pressure sending unit.

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Finnished.....

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Test drove...

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Un-Fu@$ed the rats nest under my seat where PO ethnically engineered an amp install...

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 115
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 111

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
Not only did I bust my front driver outter axle and locking hub on the D60 this past weekend but apparently have a hair line crack at the steering box.....yay!

Ordered 35 spline chromoly outter axles, Yukon chromoly locking hubs and steering box weld kit. Going to busy over the next week or so.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Damn that's 2 in a month, or at least a couple weeks! Everyone should keep an eye on their steering box, even stock tires. You could slide into a ditch or curb and have this damage and think you need a front end alignment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
builder100