What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Hilarious! I’ve been thinking the same thing, in addition whoever’s video I watched that said to separate the 2 window frame halves can also kiss my @ss!!
I’ll likely have more hours into those damn windows than painting the truck!
Speaking of which. First color down! Will have blue stripe done today on the whole truck and waiting for my new can of base coat in the proper color to show up!
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like I missed more dings and dents than I fixed, lol.

On the upside, I’m better at wet sanding and polishing than laying down consistent clear coat…
Looks good! I am starting on the bed next week. The good news is mine is shorter than yours = less real estate to deal with. We should do a PSA on those vent window video's. Do not believe anything you see or here. I was glad to get the new rubber cause I really needed them, but what crap!
Eric

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Stri
Looks good! I am starting on the bed next week. The good news is mine is shorter than yours = less real estate to deal with. We should do a PSA on those vent window video's. Do not believe anything you see or here. I was glad to get the new rubber cause I really needed them, but what crap!
Eric
Ha, truth!
The hours in prepping and masking and painting the black parts , to spray1/2 oz of paint and 1 oz of clear was enough. The seals went in pretty easy. Ish.
The very top needs compressed and squeezed in. Probably more cussing involved but no throwing anything. Things are getting painted!
Your truck is looking awesome!

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Me and my dad put in week 4? i think, maybe 5, can't quite remember. Still slaving away on floor of the Jimmy, along with some other details. I've been cleaning up the wheel wells after the messy spot welding that occurred. He's been cracking on the front pans, 90% done on that, alot of grinding needs to happen still. And as said prior, if you plan on doing a floor in a Square, especially a Blazer, best be ready to do some master fabrication, because NOTHING IS RIGHT.

Near the end of the night, we patched my worst rust patch on my bed rail, teaching me the skills of spot patching. I'll tell ya, i got alot of respect for body men doing this daily. Also glad to finally learn these skills, and thankful my dad's willing to teach me.

Makes me feeling like i fix any rust! @AuroraGirl i'm willing to help but you may have to get about 50 gallons of bondo...

Also ran the '80 today, keep the juices flowing :)

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Still priming the top of the hood, but the weather is going to turn colder, here's the end of the day

DTM high build primer coat #2. One more coat then sealer. Can't believe this weather we need a ton of rain!

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Rebuilt TB, ground off casting ridges on top of tb, installed 1/4" injector pod spacer, 14# fuel pressure spring, and Power Tower. Still waiting on that 40 hp increase...smh. It all made a difference but would be surprised if 5 hp on the dyno showed up, and I'm hoping MPG will improve. Changed fuel tank port valve, now both tanks & gauge work correctly! Was smart enough to disconnect the line before the filter and energize the pump in the rt tank to expel the crud that lingered in the tank for however long it was inoperable. Also dumped some atf in the tank to help break up any crappy fuel, I probably should have just dumped it though! I'll find out when I start burning that fuel up but did dump 5 gallons of fresh fuel in to help out. Re-installed my recently rebuilt front driveline after having it balanced, but it's still needing more work, so it'll have to come off AGAIN!

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
Finished redoing the interior, repainted the original rally wheels and ordered some parts for The Swap.

Attachments

• Before and After.jpg
    Before and After.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 64
  • new interior.jpg
    new interior.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 55
  • rally wheel before.jpg
    rally wheel before.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 57
  • rally wheel after.jpg
    rally wheel after.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 58

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
oil pressure gauge dropped to 30 at a stop light today. Time to change the oil. Normally it will hold 60 on the guage on the interstate and 45 while at a light. When it hits 30 if I change the oil (about 6,000 miles) it jumps back up. Time to change the oil.

Last I looked nobody locally and amazon BO on wix 51042 filter (few weeks ago) but now they are available. Sweet !!!!
Wow I have never noticed a difference in oil pressure like that, but I have had mostly lights or dummy gauges over the years.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sprayed a sealer coat and block sanded the whole truck with 600, finally ready for paint. Nothing left to do but make excuses why it isn’t painted yet , lol.
And tried out the upholstery paint on the door panels.

Yea that upholstery paint works really good and looks good. My buddy and I did an s15 blazer with it. Was pretty much that color too

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Another 20 hours and 3 twelve packs later. lol That guy from the Brothers video online rebuilding the vent windows can kiss my a$$. With the one piece rubbers I was lucky to get, the quality was sketchy and the time involved to get them fitted and installed in the doors was horrendous! The replacement door glass I got, one was clear and one was tinted light green. Argggg! 30% tint on the door glass and the vent glass fixed all that and looks pretty cool. Pro glass guy is putting the back slider and front windshield back in tomorrow. Progress.
Eric
In the interest of full disclosure, less some of you lot feel under appreciated for the work you are doing personally on your rigs. My rig is at a pro shop. 4 people are working on it. 1 painter, 1 body man, a part time apprentice, and a drunk helper. Guess who I am? I am the drunk helper! lol. I am fueling all the parts and paint and materials. I do what ever they ask me to do with my sweat equity in labor when I am there 16 hours a week. The guy in most of the pics holding the beer is not me, it is Anthony the painter and his shop.
My hat is off to you guys who are going it on your own. I do not have the talent or time to go that far. You guys helping with my engine swap when I joined was my best work. lol Wrench turner with help from others.
Eric

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Wow I have never noticed a difference in oil pressure like that, but I have had mostly lights or dummy gauges over the years.
yup changed the oil yesterday and it's back to normal. Keep in mind this a high mileage LS swap with 5w-30 in it. It's probably got 165k miles on it if I had to guess. Still runs strong though. I did notice a little "gum" on the drain bolt. Next change I'll put some seafoam in it and do it again.....if not sooner....depends on how much it nags me lol.

Blackbeard44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.0 LS
UPS parts guy showed up at my brothers house with some goods, he will be getting my D60 rebuilt and installing a detroit in my 14 bolt FF in the next few weeks

Attachments

• photo0.jpeg
    photo0.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 62
  • photo0 (1).jpeg
    photo0 (1).jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 63
  • photo0 (3).jpeg
    photo0 (3).jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 67
  • photo0 (4).jpeg
    photo0 (4).jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 64
  • photo0 (5).jpeg
    photo0 (5).jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 56

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Burned up half a pack of 1000 grit erasing Saturday's amateur hour with a paint gun! Now I can re-clear the bed stripe at the same time I paint the rest.

Tamco sent the new, hopefully right, base coat color yesterday.

With any luck, I'll get a chunk of the truck painted the primary color this weekend...

Last edited:

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Burned up half a pack of 1000 grit erasing Saturday's amateur hour with a paint gun! Now I can re-clear the bed stripe at the same time I paint the rest.

Tamco sent the new, hopefully right, base coat color yesterday.

With any luck, I'll get a chunk of the truck painted the primary color this weekend...
Looks good, you must have a good heater! I have to wait for warmer weather again it was 25 degrees this morning and my heaters can't warm up the barn enough!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns