What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
thanks
look threw the build thread for my crew cab there is a link at the bottom of my posts

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally got the drive shaft shortened and installed, filled the T. Case with 10-30 motor oil, added a bottle of ZDDP for assurance, refilled the transmixer with ATF and tooker for a drive.
All is real good and I like that home made twin stick shifter.
T case jumps out of low range, real hard, so I have the gears, fork and slider coming for that. it`ll be another tear down but I`m used to things such as that.:Insane::rofl:
The T. Case`es shifter was screwed up so I thought that was the problem. The range selector fork. slider and gears all looked good but apparently they were`nt.
Four hi and two high works real nice though.:popcorn:

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks to some advice from Andy, I replaced the seal around the passenger side fresh air vent and stopped my massive water leak. :party36:

Also replaced the wiper motor with a reman one. Now I have working wipers AND a working washer pump. Still no high speed though, so I guess I'll have to replace the switch one of these days.

Other than that, I've just been driving it to work and working all the kinks out.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
84' is leaking from the radiator and needs a new wiper motor. I'll be upgrading to the external pump/washer from an 87', as they seem to be more reliable and I like that they can be replaced seperately.

87' frame is finally back in the garage, and I'll be taking it down to bare metal to get ready for some Chassis coat. Poor thing has been getting all rusty in my backyard for about 9 months now. :( I just need to decide how motivated I feel (wire wheel, baby!) or how lazy (pay someone to sand blast it) I feel...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thanks to some advice from Andy, I replaced the seal around the passenger side fresh air vent and stopped my massive water leak. :party36:

Also replaced the wiper motor with a reman one. Now I have working wipers AND a working washer pump. Still no high speed though, so I guess I'll have to replace the switch one of these days.

Other than that, I've just been driving it to work and working all the kinks out.

Did you go with a stock wiper motor or an '85-up?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Took the driveshaft out...I have a nasty vibration above 60-65mph. Not sure if it's the driveshaft out of balance or bad u-joints...definitely not the front end, since that's all new (and behaved the same with the old front end anyway).

Thinking about having an all new 1 piece shaft made...not sure this old 1 piece is up to the task anymore. It's still got factory joints and everything...29 years old! Even got an angle gauge...both the trans and pinion are at about 4.5-5*.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
84' is leaking from the radiator and needs a new wiper motor. I'll be upgrading to the external pump/washer from an 87', as they seem to be more reliable and I like that they can be replaced seperately.

87' frame is finally back in the garage, and I'll be taking it down to bare metal to get ready for some Chassis coat. Poor thing has been getting all rusty in my backyard for about 9 months now. :( I just need to decide how motivated I feel (wire wheel, baby!) or how lazy (pay someone to sand blast it) I feel...

Try Alumaseal powder for that leak.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Is this convo posted somewhere or are you guys holding out on us?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Did you go with a stock wiper motor or an '85-up?

Stock. I couldn't find an 85-up setup anywhere and didn't want to pay the core charge on a reman one at the parts store. Is the 85-up that much better that it's worth the extra money?

Is this convo posted somewhere or are you guys holding out on us?

Yea, it was in my build thread.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'll have to check it out... :slipoutthedoor:

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It was a pretty simple fix, but it made a world of difference. We've had a couple torrential downpours since then and it hasn't leaked a drop.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
You must be registered for see images

WELL the A/C worked good for a day then compressor started locking up . but got he new tires on and tinted the windows.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Try Alumaseal powder for that leak.
Usually does`nt take the whole tube, I usually start with about 1/3rd and mix it with prestone afore dumping it in the radiator.
I`m a goin to have todo this to Mine tooo, radiator`s been leaking for a very long time now, even before I got the pickup about ten years ago. Time to put a stop toit.
Long as its down on prestone, might be a good time to pull the intake and do the TBI cornversion.

You must be registered for see images

WELL the A/C worked good for a day then compressor started locking up . but got he new tires on and tinted the windows.

I Like.
Might the A/C system be over full on freon ??? Juz wondering if that`d cause that problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06