What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I washed all 3 today

You must be registered for see images attach

Tire shine from last week still looks new. I got the **** that lasts.

New rain x wipers on both camaro's

I got some grape smelling meguires gel. It lasts weeks easy

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Have you considered late 80 fenders? Since you got rectangular headlights and all that, might be your style. Not a fan of horizontal myself
I think us with the old style fenders like them. I personally don't like the 81-87(91) fenders.

Plus he has an 80 like me. We're a one off year. We like it like that! Us 80 guys can spot the other ones easy

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I think us with the old style fenders like them. I personally don't like the 81-87(91) fenders.

Plus he has an 80 like me. We're a one off year. We like it like that! Us 80 guys can spot the other ones easy

We are the ones reaching down to flip the add on lockup converter switch on and off to see if we can hear if the SOB works ...

:happy175:

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
We are the ones reaching down to flip the add on lockup converter switch on and off to see if we can hear if the SOB works ...

:happy175:
I don't have a switch....and after some reading here and climbing under mine I learned mine was replaced with an older non lockup model.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I don't have a switch....and after some reading here and climbing under mine I learned mine was replaced with an older non lockup model.

I can understand - before I knew what it did, I wondered why had had some slow speed 'shudders', like in traffic around 20, or on side streets. Yup - lockup. Flip the switch and back to normal.

Just got to remember to turn it back on for the road. Transmission Doc suggested a lighted toggle switch - great idea, but what is on there works, so the (lazy) force is strong with this one ...

:D

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can understand - before I knew what it did, I wondered why had had some slow speed 'shudders', like in traffic around 20, or on side streets. Yup - lockup. Flip the switch and back to normal.

Just got to remember to turn it back on for the road. Transmission Doc suggested a lighted toggle switch - great idea, but what is on there works, so the (lazy) force is strong with this one ...

:D
The switch is not factory is it?

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I installed Hella H4 conversion headlights and relay harness this afternoon. Cleaned up some of the wiring while I was in there too. I think the chinese harness I bought was ass backwards though. I had to plug into the passenger side light socket because that's where the battery is but I think it would be better plugged into the driver side headlight socket. I also think it's time for a new alternator and battery cables.

Edit: H2B not H4

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Kitty agrees - he hopped in while pic taking.

Other switches there when I got it :

Aux fuel pump ( why =? But, it works ) and one for now nonexistent fog lamps- not there when I bought it.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I had to go out and check the lights out in the dark. My initial impression is that I like them. They are brighter than the halogen bulbs I had. I do have to get a new retainer ring for the drivers side headlight because the outboard tab come off the ring but aiming still isn't terrible. ****** pictures but it shows what it needs to.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
When a got my oil gauge yesterday I thought I'd better get a flasher for the blinkers because they quit working and it was 4 bucks.

So when I was looking at where to put the gauge I remembered that I had the new flasher. Man that sucker was stuck on there. I was pulling HARD on it that I got scared I might break it. So I turned key forward to check them and sure as **** they working again. Haha got lucky!

Now have a spare flasher when that one does go out.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
When a got my oil gauge yesterday I thought I'd better get a flasher for the blinkers because they quit working and it was 4 bucks.

So when I was looking at where to put the gauge I remembered that I had the new flasher. Man that sucker was stuck on there. I was pulling HARD on it that I got scared I might break it. So I turned key forward to check them and sure as **** they working again. Haha got lucky!

Now have a spare flasher when that one does go out.

Was the old one metal, and the new plastic ?

Mine was, but it came out easy - got lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88SQDRW