What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I was gonna change the oil in Willy. 4 stores and no one has a single quart of Rotella T5 15/40 grrrrrrrr I guess it’s off to the pet store and get a kitten to step on its head.
Wow that sucks, never a problem getting it here shelf is always full at ShitMart..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Wow that sucks, never a problem getting it here shelf is always full at ShitMart..
I went to Pecker Boys they didn’t have any either. 3 more shitmarts and the have plenty of T4 the dicks. I just got a quart of 10/30 T5 to mix in with the 15/40. If this blows it up th n it was gonna blow anyway.....right? Lol stopped at Napa for a Napa Gold filter. I also got another fuel pressure gauge. I guess tomorrow is another day.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I went to Pecker Boys they didn’t have any either. 3 more shitmarts and the have plenty of T4 the dicks. I just got a quart of 10/30 T5 to mix in with the 15/40. If this blows it up th n it was gonna blow anyway.....right? Lol stopped at Napa for a Napa Gold filter. I also got another fuel pressure gauge. I guess tomorrow is another day.
As long as it's the same oil mixing weights don't hurt, in your case it just thins it out a tad but barely enough to notice...

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Do you have a Costco nearby ? I always stocked up on Rotella from there when I had my Duramax.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
As long as it's the same oil mixing weights don't hurt, in your case it just thins it out a tad but barely enough to notice...
That’s pretty much where I was at and no kittens have to die.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I wanted to do my ICM and start doing the u joints on my car today, but it’s pouring rain, and the first parade of the Mardi Gras season is tonight in the French Quarter so I guess that plan’s shot in the ass.

Got a break in the rain and installed my new Delco ICM, tuned on the carb a little, and wrapped a TCC wire on top of the manifold that a rat had sheared the insulation off of a side in 2016, and I just saw it tonight. I'm glad the new module worked because I didn't want to have to send that thing back to Kansas City, MO and wait on another one. I cleaned up the heat sink paste of the distributor and added a tube there and added another tube to the module so hopefully this doesn't happen for a while. I borrowed a U Joint/Ball Joint Press from Autozone to do the U Joints, but if it doesn't fit, I'm gonna have to walk a mile and a half carrying the driveshaft to the nearest shop that's worth a damn. I don't have my table vice with me, either, so we'll see if I can even do anything with this after the shaft is out. Maybe I'll wash it and zip tie it to the rails of my porch to keep it still.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

You must be registered for see images attach

Driveshaft

Porch

I don’t know. If I had a socket big enough or a crescent wrench, I could see if that tool would work, and I can just lean it up there. It looks like it will do the job, but this is as far as I got today. Turns out the joint at the slip yoke was bad, but the one at the diff was not. It was only a matter of time, though. These are the original units, and they’ve got about 258,000 miles on them.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

Driveshaft

Porch

I don’t know. If I had a socket big enough or a crescent wrench, I could see if that tool would work, and I can just lean it up there. It looks like it will do the job, but this is as far as I got today. Turns out the joint at the slip yoke was bad, but the one at the diff was not. It was only a matter of time, though. These are the original units, and they’ve got about 258,000 miles on them.
I use my ball joint press for U joints. It works great.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I use my ball joint press for U joints. It works great.

That’s what I borrowed. Do I need any of those adapters, or can I just the clamp part of it? Also, are the factory ones retained with actual clips on the inside or are the sealed in there with wax because I didn’t see any clips.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That’s what I borrowed. Do I need any of those adapters, or can I just the clamp part of it? Also, are the factory ones retained with actual clips on the inside or are the sealed in there with wax because I didn’t see any clips.
The cup should fit threw. I usually put a socket a little smaller then the cup between the threaded part and the cup. That way your pushing on the strongest part of the cup. I’ve shattered them already and then they are a bitch. Then again I use my impact on it. Lol

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The cup should fit threw. I usually put a socket a little smaller then the cup between the threaded part and the cup. That way your pushing on the strongest part of the cup. I’ve shattered them already and then they are a bitch. Then again I use my impact on it. Lol

It looks like the cup will go through just fine. I think it’ll work. What about retention? Did the factory use clips, or did they seal them with wax?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpickett1981