What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
350 out 468 in! wiring out going through and letting go of 90% of the rats nest of wiring! And cleaning up! Got some good tbi stuff hitting the market soon!

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yanked the trans out of the Burb this afternoon, now it's looking at me with a sad face.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
350 out 468 in! wiring out going through and letting go of 90% of the rats nest of wiring! And cleaning up! Got some good tbi stuff hitting the market soon!

Save that big ass grommet from the TBI harness to plug that hole .......I didn't now I gotta find something lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yanked the trans out of the Burb this afternoon, now it's looking at me with a sad face.

It's not sadness it's anticipation.......how could something that looks that good be sad??

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's not sadness it's anticipation.......how could something that looks that good be sad??

Because it knows it probably won't get driven again for a long long time. The body is shot. The 350 runs on about 6.25 cylinders. I had been using it on the property for the last few years as a tug tractor basically. A brake line blew yesterday. Hope and faith are the only things keeping fuel in the rusty lines. And now it has no transmission.

I have a rebuilt th400 to go in, but I see no point right now untill I've got a 454 assembled to go in as well. And I would rather put those in after I find a good body to put on the frame.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Because it knows it probably won't get driven again for a long long time. The body is shot. The 350 runs on about 6.25 cylinders. I had been using it on the property for the last few years as a tug tractor basically. A brake line blew yesterday. Hope and faith are the only things keeping fuel in the rusty lines. And now it has no transmission.

I have a rebuilt th400 to go in, but I see no point right now untill I've got a 454 assembled to go in as well. And I would rather put those in after I find a good body to put on the frame.
It looks good in the pics. Those flares make it look angry.lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It looks good in the pics. Those flares make it look angry.lol

Those flares are trying to hide a bunch of rust. It looks way worse when it's sunny and dry.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Those flares are trying to hide a bunch of rust. It looks way worse when it's sunny and dry.

Anythings fixable that being said I don't have a fleet like you do. Lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Anythings fixable that being said I don't have a fleet like you do. Lol

I hate to replace the body because it won't really be the same truck anymore, but the body is completely toast. The only body parts that are still repairable are the front inner fenders, the core support, the front doors (maybe), the front section of floor and the roof.

Hood, fenders, inner/outer rockers, rear doors, tailgate, mid floor supports, rear floor section, rear sills, quarter panels, rear inner fenders are all beyond repair. The right rear wheel tub literally fell out a couple years ago. Part of the problem is there's a lot of rather intricate parts in a Burbs rear body that rust out and they are not reproduced.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I hate to replace the body because it won't really be the same truck anymore, but the body is completely toast. The only body parts that are still repairable are the front inner fenders, the core support, the front doors (maybe), the front section of floor and the roof.

Hood, fenders, inner/outer rockers, rear doors, tailgate, mid floor supports, rear floor section, rear sills, quarter panels, rear inner fenders are all beyond repair. The right rear wheel tub literally fell out a couple years ago. Part of the problem is there's a lot of rather intricate parts in a Burbs rear body that rust out and they are not reproduced.
Gotchya in the rain pic it looks real nice.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Gotchya in the rain pic it looks real nice.

Yeah it's very rough. Hard to believe that when I got it over 11 years ago it was super clean and rock solid. The ONLY rust on it was one very small spot behind each rear wheel. The truck had come up from Texas a year or two before I got it. Damn road salt.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah it's very rough. Hard to believe that when I got it over 11 years ago it was super clean and rock solid. The ONLY rust on it was one very small spot behind each rear wheel. The truck had come up from Texas a year or two before I got it. Damn road salt.
Yeah gotta love Ohio and Pa winters........not!! It's almost a shame to bring rust free stuff around here......

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Got a loan a tool from Vatozone to change my valvesprings and immediately took that junk back before I took an eye out...

Ordered a normal C clamp style in Amazon.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have the solution to this whole rust dilemma, lol. :D

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have the solution to this whole rust dilemma, lol. :D

Lol, I need to come up with some cash. Then the red turd can be shipped here. And while you're at it, you can stuff a 70's clip in the back. Or two of them. Heck, may as well strap a short bed frame to the roof too :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy