What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radio2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
83 and 88
Truck Model
83 C10 and 88 R10 Burb
Engine Size
What was your process on this, my truck has sat for awhile and could use a little extra love

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Just cleaned cleaned the truck with meguiars car wash. Then used chemical guys extreme polish. Put it on a rag, rubbed it in until black, then wiped it off with a clean rag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radio2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
83 and 88
Truck Model
83 C10 and 88 R10 Burb
Engine Size
Just cleaned cleaned the truck with meguiars car wash. Then used chemical guys extreme polish. Put it on a rag, rubbed it in until black, then wiped it off with a clean rag.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

:pics-stfu::happy175::happy175:

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
when you do fix it, go ahead and flush it out a few times. 'Course with your leak it might be pretty damn clean.
Yeah thanks, this started 10 months ago when I rebuilt the pump then discovered I had a lot of goop in the steering box. After a good purging the steering box the truck was steering like new. Great power without squeeking belts. Lock to lock no problem while not rolling. Then the puddle showed up... So yeah, we are well flushed...

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Put new door strikers on yesterday since drivers door lost the plastic piece, got them from LMC. Didn't realize that the piece they thread into was not in a pocket and falls down into the body when you remove the striker. Had to pull the factory corner speaker to reach in and hold in place to thread in the new one.
On a separate note, anyone know a decent replacement for the factory corner speaker that is the same size with good sound?

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
Finally got some color on the 78 this past weekend. Really love the clear. Lays down like glass.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
you could have done the "pex" mod for about $5.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/fix-slamming-doors-striker-door-latch-repair.624/

@HotRodPC would it be possible to put a button at the top for all stickies? Just curious.
I thought about doing that, have a couple of sticks left since I'm doing the plumbing in my house right now. I didn't want to cut it though, was trying to figure out how to tap the washer off the striker so I could just slide the pex on. They weren't that expensive and I ordered all new door weatherstriping, felts and wing window rivets while I was at it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Finally got some color on the 78 this past weekend. Really love the clear. Lays down like glass.
Very nice!!!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I thought about doing that, have a couple of sticks left since I'm doing the plumbing in my house right now. I didn't want to cut it though, was trying to figure out how to tap the washer off the striker so I could just slide the pex on. They weren't that expensive and I ordered all new door weatherstriping, felts and wing window rivets while I was at it.

Some of the washers thread off. I have also heated the center of the washer up to almost orange and then threaded the stud through it. I chase the washer with a tap, paint it and reinstall it on the stud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes